The End of the World

(Annika POV)

A ding sounded and there was a new sonic screwdriver, "What's this?" the Doctor asked, turning on the new sonic. Wait, it's not as high of a frequency sound. "What's the difference?" he asked the ship.

"It doesn't affect me," I mentioned.

"Right then, Rose Tyler, Annika—what's your last name?" the Doctor asked me, putting the new sonic in his pocket.

"Well, I have two, but Brock," I replied.

"Annika Brock, tell me. Where do you two want to go? Backwards or forwards in time. It's your choice. What's it going to be?" the Doctor continued. Rose looked at me unsure, I just shrugged, "You're the human here."

Rose thought for a second, "Forwards," she told the Time Lord.

"How far?"

"One hundred years," Rose said after a second. 'Wimp' Mayhem spoke up.

'She's new to this,' I defended the human.

'Well then why didn't she say 1,000 we would have said 1,000,' Mayhem argued. Well, she did have a point there. The TARDIS landed after a second, "There you go. Step outside those doors, it's the twenty second century," the Doctor said.

"You're kidding," Rose said.

"It's a bit boring though," I said. 'THANK YOU'

The Doctor seemed to agree, he looked back at Rose, "You want to go further?"

"Fine by me," Rose said.

The Doctor ran around the console more before the TARDIS landed again, "Ten thousand years in the future. Step outside, it's the year 12005, the new Roman Empire," he said.

"You think you're so impressive," Rose sassed.

"I am so impressive," the Doctor sassed back.

"Mmhmm," I hummed.

"Yeah, you wish," Rose agreed.

"Right then, you asked for it. I know exactly where to go. Hold on!" the Doctor said, piloting the ship to the newest destination.

"Where are we? What's out there?" Rose asked making her way towards the door, the Doctor and I following her. 'Too slow,' Mayhem said, a tendril springing out, ready to push Rose out the doors, but I caught it. I was wrestling the tendril while the Doctor looked at us in amusement.

Rose went down the steps, taking a look at the huge window that showed the Earth. "You lot, you spend all your time thinking about dying, like you're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids. But you never take the time to imagine the impossible, that maybe you survive. This is the year five point five slash apple slash twenty six. Five billion years into your future, and this is the day," the Doctor checked his watch, "Hold on," I saw the Sun flare up around the Earth, "This is the day the Sun expands. Welcome to the end of the world," the Doctor said. The sun shining again making me flinch back from the heat, 'Well this won't be good for us,' Mayhem commented.

'Shuttles five and six now docking. Guests are reminded that Platform One forbids the use of weapons, teleportation and religion. Earth death is scheduled for fifteen thirty nine followed by drinks in the Manchester Suite,' the computer announced.

"So, when it says guests, does that mean people?"

"Depends what you mean by people," the Doctor said.