Chapter 16

Seth found himself standing in the door way of the prettiest nursery he had ever seen. The painted walls were so calming and the furniture were crisp and welcoming.

"You guys did a great job

"You guys did a great job." Seth said to his uncles who were so enamored with their work they had yet to notice him. "My boy!" Greed said with a smile before dabbing him up. "How've you been?" Wrath asked taking a seat on the loveseat in the nursery.

They each took in his solemn expression before looking at one another. "You want a drink?" Gluttony asked causing Pride to scoff. "He's 18." Gluttony looked at his older brother like he was an idiot. "He can also kill an army with his mind. He's fine. Come on Seth."

They all walked out to the living room and Seth took a seat as Gluttony got him a drink. "Where's Aunty Kayla?" Seth asked looking around. "She's sleeping. Apparently, offspring of the Seven Deadly Sins have an even shorter gestational time despite being half mortal. She's huge, uncomfortable and ready for the girls to make their appearance."

Seth smiled softly as the image of Monique pregnant and smiling with his child popped into his mind. "What's going on nephew?" Gluttony asked handing him the bourbon as he read his thoughts.

Seth took the whole thing in one shot. "Well damn." Greed said looking at his nephew. Seth filled them in on everything from the beginning until the very end. "Fuck," Lust spoke up in shock. "I'm really sorry, Seth. That really isn't fair." Envy said placing a hand on his nephew's shoulder.

"The crazy thing is I didn't want kids. I mean it was just me and Max for so long. Even in the underworld God's rule of conception applies. We were fine with life just being ours and then we get this breath of fresh air in another mate and suddenly all these possibilities are open to us."

"I'd give anything to make her happy and I know she wants this. I know she wants to be a mother." Sloth shook his head. "She doesn't just want to be a mother, Seth. She wants to be a mother to you and Max's children. There's a difference. God took that away from her and I'm sure if she's as smart as you've told us she realizes that. She won't sacrifice your love or your life to just have any angel's child. You have to see that you're not to blame, he is." Sloth spoke up with a soft smile and Seth soaked it all in.

"It just seems like so much for one woman to take and all because of me. This is all happening because of who we're related to." Seth broke down in front of them and it hurt. Pride wished he could take this burden from his nephew. He knew what it was like to watch your mate lose all the things they ever dreamed of. He knew Monique would be like Mikayla in the way she handled things. It would be graceful and make both Max and Seth fall further in love with her.

"She'll be mated to two very strong and powerful demons that love her. She will grow stronger because of that love. She will be happy because I know you and Max will make sure she has everything she ever wanted and needed." Pride said with a smile.