Chapter 26

"The kids are all asleep." Harlow said as the end credits played on in the background. Damien waved his hand and sent them all to their beds. "This was so fun." Mikayla said happily.

Harlow noticed her cheerfulness and hated that she questioned it. She waved her hand and sent the twins to the nursery meant for Seth, Monique and Max's children. "Where did you send my babies?" Greed questioned his sister-in-law. "They're safe. They're in the nursery. We need to talk."

They all took in Harlow's serious expression and sat forward. "What's wrong best friend?" Mikayla said with concern in her eyes. "There's something wrong with you." Damien looked between them. "What are you talking about? There's nothing wrong. I'm upset with the guys, but that's warranted."

They all looked between Harlow and Mikayla. "What are you talking about, sis?" Gluttony asked looking at his wife. "We've been so focused on her being back or the fact that you guys' grandfather was playing chess with our lives that we didn't notice certain things."

Harlow sighed before standing up and facing them. "Alistair said some things that got me thinking. Your children should be HALF demon and yet Fury and Emrys energies are off the charts. There has never been a mortal to carry a half demon and exhibit powers. Never. Don't you find this all odd? Doesn't it seem like something is wrong with her?" Damien stood up already sensing his brothers going on the defensive. "Everyone just breathe." He could see Mikayla trying to access if anything was wrong with her.

"Come here, Mikayla." She obeyed her brother-in-law and stood in front of him. They watched as his eyes turned black allowing Bael to take over. His eyes roamed over her until it honed in on her heart.

"Aye nigga quit looking at my wife's titty!" Greed spoke up causing the demon to scoff. "Free." Bael spoke out. It was a simple word, but as they watched Mikayla's skin turn blue as she floated in the air they knew simplicity was the farthest from their truth.

"What in the actual fuck?" Pride questioned as his wife clapped happily. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She said as she wrapped her arms and legs around Bael and kissed all over his face. "Bitch watch yourself!" Harlow said pulling her back.

"Sorry." She said in a voice that was nothing like Mikayla's. Mikayla's was raspy and smooth, while this was a little on the higher pitch of things but not annoyingly so. "Who? What are you?" Lust asked causing her to turn around with a bright smile.

"She's a djinn." Wes said from behind them still in awe. He had lived so many years, but had only encountered one djinn in his life. They were happy spirits with a need to please their masters.

"A djinn. Like a genie?" Harlow questioned in shock. The djinn gagged. "Genie...it's such an anglicized name, but yes we're similar. My name is Willow." The sins were shocked. "How is this possible?" Wrath asked looking at the djinn that was still his wife.

"Djinns can be born, but they can also be created. I'm guessing in this case Willow was created when Mikayla was brought back." Bael informed looking over the blue woman. "Djinns have masters. Who is your master?" Wes asked Willow and they watched as her smile grew bigger.

"Master Balthazar, Mistress Uri and Mistress Freya of course." Harlow wiped her face with her hand while Bael gave the reins back to Damien. "Sweet! I want my own djinn!" Malachi said from the doorway.

"Little boy go to bed!" Val snapped causing the witch and vampire hybrid to huff. "I need my phone." Malachi said grabbing his phone. "You know I can't fall asleep without my Wattpad stories." Damien rolled his eyes before sending his son off to bed with a wave of his hand.

"What are we going to do?" Envy questioned. "Willow, can Mikayla see what you see?" The djinn nodded. "She's really loud and is freaking out in my head." Willow said with a chuckle. "This is a clusterfuck." Sloth said worriedly. "How is she just now showing up? Why didn't she show up when Mikayla first got out?" Damien eyed the djinn.