Chapter 23

Mikayla watched over her daughters with a newfound understanding and love. Bael had allowed her to speak to Lyssa telepathically weeks ago and it bonded them instantly.

She laughed at all the fears she had, because they seemed so minute at the moment. Emrys' demon was too lazy to be bothered and remained silent for her uncle, but Mikayla wasn't worried.

She knew the time would come for them to bond as well, but for now she was fine just getting to know her three girls.

She sat across Harlow for their biweekly brunch date with a smile. They tried to keep up with their best friend time, but things had gotten a little rough there with her pregnancy and everything going on with Seth, Aslan and Freya.

Even when she was on the other side, Harlow made a point to come there biweekly for brunch. "I've missed you, best friend." Harlow smiled rocking Emrys. "I've missed you too. It seems like we've been on a rollercoaster for so long that I don't even know what to do with this respite."

"Girl, hush, before God changes his mind and goes ape shit." Mikayla chuckled. "You look good holding an infant. You sure you don't want to try for a third set of triplets." Mikayla asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"Chile please. Alistair would kill me. Besides I'm going to have my hands full taking care of yours." Mikayla looked at her confusedly. "What do you mean? I've got a nice little thing going with the girls now that we're all on one page. They know to lose it on a scheduled basis." Mikayla chuckled, but noticed her best friends face.

"What is it, Harlow? Why the face?" Harlow pushed out her lips before taking a breath. "YOU'REPREGNANTWITHTRIPLETS." Mikayla looked at her best friend with strained eyes.

"Say that again, but slower." Harlow sighed. "You're pregnant...right now...with triplets. I hear your babies' heartbeats right now. Your pregnant again, best friend."

Harlow was sure she saw smoke come out of her best friend's ears. Fury giggled manically and Harlow knew that wasn't a good sign. "Take me home...RIGHT THE FUCK NOW!" Mikayla seethed causing Harlow to look around before dropping some cash on the table and placing a hand on her best friend's shaking shoulder.

They were back at the sins' home and Harlow immediately took Fury from Mikayla's arms. "Best friend, now be mindful. You're pregnant and you don't want to-"

Harlow shut her mouth at the look Mikayla gave her. "Take the twins for a few hours. I have shit to handle." Harlow nodded her head before taking their diaper bag and disappearing.

"Oh, husbands," Mikayla cooed sweetly drawing her men out. She knew how to read them even after all these years and made sure to mask her thoughts by thinking of 'Milkshake' by Kelis. The happy smiles on Pride, Gluttony, Sloth and Wrath's faces ruled them out.

Greed was unusually anxious, while Lust and Envy looked downright guilty. Mikayla was swift. She slapped the shit out of Lust and Envy before lunging at Greed. She tackled him to the ground before beating him repeatedly.

"What the actual fuck, Mikayla?" Gluttony said pulling her off of his brother. "I WANTED TO WAIT! I TOLD YOU ALL I WANTED TO WAIT! But you didn't give a fuck, did you?!" Pride looked at his brothers. "What did you three do?"

Lust looked downwards. "It wasn't us per se." He began and Mikayla lunged for him. Gluttony held her back with is hand on her stomach and felt them. "Shit." Gluttony said causing Wrath to look at them. "No way." Sloth said before looking at his brothers with disapproval in his eyes.

"Mammon was inpatient, but knew it would be easier if you had multiples to knock out. Asmodeus was eager and Balam was just excited at the prospect of seeing you pregnant again." Lust continued causing the others to shake their head.