Chapter 25

Aslan sat outside in the cool, night's breeze and sighed. Winter was coming and the temperatures were dropping. She wanted to be inside with her mate, but the two decided it was best that they give the bedroom a break and handle things. Jonah was focused on bonding with his pack, which Aslan loved for him.

Aslan was outside with her brother Mason preparing to help him with his angel. They had been at it for two hours, but Mason was letting his worries overwhelm him. "You can do this, Mase. Let go of everything and give Apollo the reins." Mason took deep breaths as anxiety filled him. He pushed past his fears until he felt himself finally shift back into his mind.

Aslan stared at Apollo with a bright smile. "Well, hello there." Apollo smiled at his sister before pulling her into a hug. "Hey Apollo. Very long time no see." He chuckled. "You can blame Mason for that." Aslan shook her head no. "You can be adamant too. You tell him you want out and don't let up until he gives in, okay?" The angel nodded.

"Can I see my sister?" Aslan smirked at him. "I am your sister." The angel rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean." Aslan nodded before giving Uri the reins. Silver eyes stared at silver eyes before the angels embraced one another.

"I've missed you." Uri said squeezing her brother. "I've missed you more." He pulled back with excited eyes and Uri knew exactly what he wanted. "Fine, but stay close and be careful. It's been a while." Apollo nodded frantically before taking off.

In seconds, the two angels were high in the sky. Apollo cheered loudly as they soared higher and higher. Uri loved seeing her brother free and happy. She was going to talk to Mason about letting him out more often to ensure that both brothers got to live the lives they deserved.

Harlow sat in the living room drinking some tea and absentmindedly watching the forty-fifth season of Grey's Anatomy. "What's Mama thinking about?" Alistair asked jumping on the seat beside her. She smiled down at the feline before scratching behind his ears.

The purr that left him always made her smile. "Nothing major. Just thinking about all that we've been through these past few years. It's almost been two decades. Isn't that crazy?" Alistair hummed a response.

"What's crazy is you turning this house into a shelter. I kind of get Monique and Max, but Mikayla and them little rascals did not need to be up in here." Harlow swatted his bottom. "That's my best friend!"

Alistair kissed his teeth. "I'm your best friend and your number one baby. None of these kids know what it was like for you before meeting those dickheads. I was there when Granny died. I was there when you packed up and left Decatur for Seattle. I was sure the fuck present when you had us living in that trap house styled apartment complex too."

Alistair climbed onto her lap. "I was there through it all, Mama, so I know when you're lying. Your mind is heavy and I want to know with what." Harlow sighed before kissing her familiar. "I'm just worried about everyone. I want my people to be happy."

Alistair rolled his eyes. "Let's do a roll call to ease Mama's mind. Let's start with the dickheads. Val and Wes are fine. They might be feeling a little helpless as the issues that have been going on lately are more spiritual than supernatural, but they'll be alright."

Harlow heard his words and knew there was truth behind them. She needed to make some time for her werewolf and vampire husbands. "As for your asshole of a demon husband, Dean might have some PTSD from dying and then coming back to life that he hasn't fully dealt with. It must've been trippy for him to realize that when he died, he didn't go to hell as expected, but rather heaven."

Harlow nodded a response before looking down at her cat. "Why are you so mean to Damien? You never call him by his name. It's just one diss after another." Alistair sucked his teeth.