30| Shirts and Soundless

Steve woke up the next morning with a smile on his face. He must've slept the whole night smiling.

The night before was something he had been thinking (hoping) about for weeks at this point. He could still feel the lips against his own.

He pulled the sheets back and got up, getting ready for the day at school. Making his way to the dresser, he picked out some clothes.

Rubbing his eyes, the scenes from the night before played. He smiled again. This could be the start of something. Where they were finally more.

He grabbed his clothes and walked out of the room, heading for the bathroom. He always wished his room had a bathroom attached to it. It didn't really matter because it's not like he had any siblings to share the bathroom with.

He turned on the shower and checked his phone.

Good morning😊

Steve smiled at the text. They always sent each other good morning text messages, so there wasn't anything completely out of the ordinary. But this felt like something more.

After so long of waiting, his best friend could maybe be something more.

Morning:)

He stayed on the chat awaiting her reply.

Last night, watching the stars with Peggy was... it was the happiest Steve had ever been. In a long time. He likes to think he was a relatively happy guy, so that was really saying something.

But last night while star gazing he had finally made a move. After so long of crushing over his best friend, he had finally given in to his impulses and just leaned in. And she didn't slap him or gag in disgust.

No, she had kissed back. He knew at that moment that he was never going to be happier than he was at that moment.

-

Present Day

"Tony, Tony," Steve said and pulled away from the kiss. They had been making out for a long while now. Not like Steve was keeping track of the minutes, but he could tell it had been a long time.

Whenever Tony tried to pull off his own pajamas Steve had always stopped him. Grabbing the smaller boy's hands and placing them on his own abs. Tony never complained once he was feeling Steve's muscles.

If Steve didn't want to go any farther than kissing, that was okay with Tony. He obviously wasn't going to force Steve into anything.

Tony whines when Steve had pulled away from the kiss.

"What? What's wrong?" Was Tonys half-assed question. He wanted to make sure Steve was okay, but also just wanted to get back to the kissing.

Steve took in Tony's kiss swollen lips and had to literally grip the bed sheets from now flipping them over so Tony was underneath him. He had to keep control and listen to the voice in the back of his head.

The good voice in the back of his head.

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong, Tony. Just don't want to get too ahead of ourselves," Steve replied. Tony nodded and started to place gentle kisses along Steve's jawline.

"Okay, sure. But why?" Tony asked back. His kisses were softer than Steve's were once before, not leaving any marks. He remembered how Steve had mentioned his strict dad once before. He didn't want to be the reason Steve got in trouble.

Now Tonys neck? That was a lost cause. A once completely olived skin was now littered with red bruises.

"Can't yet," was Steve's reply. Tony furrowed his eyebrows and pulled away.