03| Kens and Keening

"Steve?" James asked in complete and utter shock. He couldn't tell if he was seeing things or if his actual childhood best friend was seated infront of him.

Steve looked up at him, not bothered and just assuming he was gonna ask a question. He didn't even think about how no one told James his name.

But when he saw his face, he instantly recognized him. His jaw dropped as well. He was pretty sure Natasha didn't know him, but they were sitting with each other at lunch. Looking like they were pretty good friends so wouldn't she know that was Bucky?

Steve wasted no time and leaned forward to hug him. They both hugged for a little before pulling away.

"What are you doing here!?" James asked in shock after he pulled away from the hug.

"Defferiods transferred us here too! I asked Nat but she didn't know a Bucky!?" Steve was smiling huge with his teeth.

"Ohh yeah I go by James now," Bucky blushed at that. When they first moved here he decided to go by James instead. It sounded more... whats the word, manly? Maybe he just wanted a change. To start over.

When they saw each other in 8th grade summer and Steve called him Bucky, he was too embarrassed to say he went by James so he just went with it.

Steve raised his eyebrows in amusement.

"James? Yeah woah you're so different now huh?" He joked as a reply and Bucky just rolled his eyes with a smile. It's like they were still friends and goofing around, not like they haven't seen eachother in years.

"Bucky?" Sam laughed at that. "Your real name is bucky??" Bucky blushed again and looked down a little.

"My middle name is Buncan and Bucky came from that. My real name is James," Sam just laughed again and Natasha couldn't help her small smile as she bit into her subway sandwich.

"Oh my god I cant believe you never told us!"

"Shut it, Wilson."

"Ugh why isn't Natasha sitting with us? It's the first dayy," Clint complained as he stared at Romanoff halfway across the gym.

"Sitting with her boys," Tony said and pushed away his food. He wasn't hungry after all.

"We're her boys!" Clint said and pouted again.

"Who's the new guy at the table?" Rhodey asked ignoring Clint. He looked away from the table with the four people on the end and looked down at his chip bag. More like empty chip bag. He frowned and reached for another bag.

"Oh that's Ken," Tony said and turned around to look at the table as well. Just then Steve looked up and caught Tonys eye.

Tony just stared at him in thought and Steve was confused. He offered him a small smile and just then Tony got out of his thoughts. He looked away and back at his friends.

"Steve, you mean? His name is Steve," Bruce said with a raised eyebrow.

"Looks more like Ken to me," Tony said quietly and picked at his food with his fork. He still wasn't hungry just bored.

"As in Barbie?"

"No Ken as in Ken Burns. Yes as in Barbie, look at him." They all turned to look at Steve again. Tony cringed. "Not all at once, oh my god!"

Steve looked up once again from everyone talking and this time Natasha did as well. She smiled and Steve just gave a slight wave.

"Tonys right, he is a Ken," Clint said still looking at him. By now Natasha already looked away and Steve was growing uncomfortable from the stares.