07| Torture and Tuesday

The hallway was empty when they started getting back to work. Tony held the dust ban and Steve swept the grains of sand into it. Captains orders, Tony mocked when he suggested it. But none of the less he listened and that's where they were now.

Tony wanted to grab the skittles, he was thinking how was he going to ask for them after they finished? Would Steve offer it again or would he just ignore it all together? Maybe he forgot about it? Either or, he most likely wasn't going to bring it up.

"Soo," Steve started trying to make conversation. Or to make the silence less awkward and uncomfortable.

"Hm?" Was all Tony replied with. If Steve wanted to talk he would have to put in all the effort. Tony brushed a few neglected grains into the dust ban.

"Uhh how was your day so far?" Steve cringed at himself the second it came out. How was your day? Seriously? After pulling this huge prank infront of everyone and then he had to clean it up, how was your day? Tony just looked up to him with a face that said 'are you serious?' The blond let out a forced chuckle.

Silence took over the room again as they cleaned. Occasionally Steve would pull a single peanut m&m out of his pocket and eat it. He never offered one to Tony.

The sand was annoying and small so it spread easily. They both felt like there was lots of it in their own shoes.

"How much did you put in the locker!?" Tony asked clearly annoyed they were still doing this. He couldn't believe he was made to help clean this up.

"Uhh a gallon of two," Steve replied slightly embarrassed. The prank didn't seem so funny or amusing anymore, just plain rude. The guilt was creeping up on him. The smaller boy on the ground just scoffed. He wasted all that money on that stupid "joke" he had to clean up after.

After a while Tony got too mad about cleaning this up he just gave up. He took the broom and spread the sand out through out the hallway around even. It should be fine now.

He left Steve with the broom, dust ban, and trash can. He headed towards the door to the cafeteria.

He walked inside and headed to his usual table. Sam and him made eye contact and Tony just flipped him off.

"There's sand everywhere," Tony stated grumpily and sat beside Bruce. He could see how Natasha was forcing down a small smile. "Ha ha. Take amusement in my suffering."

"Come on it was a little funny," Natasha said and you can hear the smile in her voice. Tony didn't laugh though, or even break a smile.

"It really wasn't. I had to clean up most of it."

"Aww Tony I'm sorry," Clint said and grabbed Tonys hand, squeezing it softly. He looked up at the dirty blond and smiled at him.

Barton was always good at cheering up people up and listening to them and/or their problems. It surprised everyone because he has trouble focusing on one thing for too long and has a slight hearing problem, but he was a good and caring friend.

"But if it's any constellation I think he's a huge jerk." Clint added and that made Tony laugh slightly and nod, "a very cute jerk."

Tony pulled his hand away and Natasha and Rhodey both laughed. Clint could be a good friend, but he was still Clint.

"He's not even that cute," Tony replied with his voice slightly small. Yeah Steve was a pretty boy but his personality cancelled out those features. He wasn't the hottest in Tonys eyes. Justin was hotter.

"Okay Tony you can hate him all you want, but he is hot. I mean look at him," Natasha commented and gestured towards the boy who sat by Bucky and Sam. He must've just walked in.