TW - Sting x Reader (Do I Matter?)

TRIGGER WARNING - please DO NOT read if it will trigger you!! I'm writing it to vent my emotions out because I have no one else to rant to right now. Please remember you are all so important and loved <3 I love you!

You know when it all hits you and makes you question if you actually matter to anyone. When you are crying alone at night, if anyone heard you, would they come to comfort you or would they pretend they never noticed.  Those times when you're at your lowest and you just want someone to notice, but you're just another face in the crowd for them.

"Y/n?" Sting broke me out of my thoughts. I had zoned out and was in my room, hugging my knees, "Everything alright?"

He had been especially busy lately with guildmaster duties which didn't help. Though he did make an effort to check in on me, I don't think he noticed what was going on in my head.

If it came down to doing guildmaster work or pulling me out of my lowest, what would he choose? I don't even think I'm important enough for him to choose me.

"Hey," Sting clapped in front of my face, startling me slightly, "What's going on with you?"

"Nothing," I gave him a smile. He studied my face for a little before nodding and leaving.

Yeah. They all think I'm okay. I don't want to worry them anyway. I'm not that important. Am I?

There was a lump in my throat as I thought that to myself. It hurt. Saying it to myself makes me realise how true it is and that hurts. A lot.

I let the tears stream out as I sobbed, trying to keep my cries as silent as I could. Unfortunately, Sting was a dragon slayer, which meant his hearing was always on another level.

He burst into the room and ran up to me, hugging me.

"What's wrong?" Sting asked, panicked.

"Sting, do I even matter to you?" I spoke out between sobs, my breathing ragged and my chest hurting.

"Of course you do!" Sting practically exclaimed, "Why would you think otherwise?!"

"I just don't feel like I do," I answered, wiping the tears off of my face.

"Darling, you mean more to me than anyone and anything. Don't ever forget that," He put his hands on my shoulders and stared into my eyes when he said that so I could see the genuine look in his eyes.

"Are you sure?"

"A hundred percent. You matter a lot Y/n, and not just to me, to everyone."