TRIGGER WARNING: Sting x Reader

Author's Note:

I'm feeling a little down, but I want to write an imagine. This imagine might be triggering for some people, so please don't read it if it'll trigger anything.

I'm not sure if I'll be writing more content like this in the future. If you guys feel as though you relate to it or you like imagines like this, then sure, just say so and I'll write it. It allows me to vent everything out anyway so I don't mind.

I want you all to know that you guys are always welcome to message me if you need someone to talk to (everything we talk about will just stay between you and me), even if we've never spoken before because no one deserves to ever feel alone. After all, keeping things bottled up is unhealthy and I want to be there for you all so you guys don't have to go through it alone.

I love you all so much ♥️

——————————————————————

Life sucks. Yeah, it really does. You're born to die and during the time you're alive, you suffer and get hurt. What's the point?

You're sat in the bathroom with your back against the locked door. Sting wasn't at home. He was at the guild.

Good. The last thing you wanted was for him to see you like this. He didn't know how many sleepless nights you've endured. He didn't know how many hours you've spent alone, crying. He didn't know how many times you've felt like giving up.

He didn't know how many times you've wanted to die.

And you kept it that way. You didn't want to burden him with the heavy weight that you carry.

"Y/n! I'm back!" You heard Sting walk through the door. You checked your watch. Damn, you must've been too caught up in your thoughts to realise that it was now the time that Sting usually gets back. Usually, you're prepared for it, "Babe? Where are you?"

Shoot. What now? Your eyes are red and your throat is raw from crying. Looking in the mirror, you did your best to sort yourself out.

"Hey? Where are you?" You heard Sting enter your bedroom. Your bathroom was connected to the bedroom so he noticed the closed door.

He pulled at the handle, realising it was locked. Taking a deep breath, you unlocked the door and opened it.

"Welcome back Sting!" You force a smile, hugging him. He hugged you back, but he was a little hesitant. Did he notice?

He pulled away, but kept his hands on your shoulders, making you look directly at him. Can he see through my smile?

Part of you wished he could. Part of you wished that you could just tell him everything. But part of you wouldn't allow any of that and that part mostly controlled you. It was like a demon, controlling your thoughts so when every time you come close to telling Sting everything, it stops you from doing so.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" Sting asked.

"Nothing's wrong," You resist the urge to cry.

"I know there's something bothering you. Are you okay?" Sting asked again.

Then it all just fell apart. The tears streamed down your eyes and your hands covered your face as you tried to stop your tears.

It's been so long since someone has asked you if you're okay. No one has really ever seen through your facade. Everyone thinks your happy just because you have a smile on your face.

Sting didn't say anything, he just wrapped his arms around you, letting you cry it all out.

"I'm not going to force you to tell me what the problem is if you aren't ready and I may not be able to help with what's going on, but I'll sure try," Sting spoke, knowing the most he could do for you was be there for you.

Not everything can be solved instantly, and he knew that. Some things need to be solved by yourself, that's true, but it doesn't mean you have to go through it alone. You just have to learn to let people support you and not push them away.

"I'm here for you," Sting hugged you tighter, showing you he means it, "Forever and always, Y/n."