Rogue x Reader (Scared Of The Dark!)

You say on the couch with Rogue as he ran his fingers through your hair, your head laying on his chest. You and him were having your usual movie night, watching your favourite films.

He put a hand on your cheek, causing you to look up at him. You were greeted by a warm smile.

"What is it?" You ask, tilting your head slightly to the side in confusion, a habit Rogue found extremely adorable.

"Nothing. I just can't get over how beautiful you are," Rogue answered, making you chuckle slightly.

"It's funny how you were so shy and quiet before and now you're like a whole different person," You smiled, "But either way, you're still the Rogue I know and love."

"I love you Y/n," He pulled you closer.

You were about to reply until all the power was cut off, leaving you in the dark. You couldn't see anything. You hated the dark. It was your biggest fear. You started breathing heavily, trying to calm the tears that threatened to escape.

"Are you okay?" Rogue asked, hearing your quiet cries.

"Mhm," You force out.

"It's okay, you can tell me what's wrong," You could hear the worry in his voice.

"...I hate the dark," You cried.

Rogue sat up and wrapped his arms around you, making your head lean on his shoulder. He used his cape to wrap around you. It was like he just knew what to do.

You could feel the warmth radiating from him, immediately comforting you.

"It'll be okay, just go to sleep," He said comfortingly, pulling you closer towards him, giving you reassurance that he'd protect you.

He spoke peaceful words to you and told you random stories, making you feel like you weren't alone, since you could hear his voice. He did this the whole time.

After a few minutes, the power went back on. He looked to his shoulder and saw you were sleeping soundly, with one of your hands holding his arm. He smiled and carried you bridal style to the bed, tucking you in.

"Good night Y/n," Rogue kissed your forehead, "I'll always be here to protect you."