Midnight x Reader (Cupcakes!)

Visiting the Oración Seis wasn't an unordinary thing you would do. In fact, it had become part of your weekly schedule. Reason? No reason, except maybe there's one person there that just gives you butterflies every time you meet his eyes.

What you didn't know was that you had the same effect on him too. Although he'd prefer to sleep over anything, he was always awake for your visits. He'd wait for it week after week. Whenever he was around you, he acted different and even you noticed that. He was more confident and...awake.

He was teased a lot by his guild mates. They called him a hopeless romantic and a lovesick child. They weren't wrong. You just had to say the word and he was at your service.

"I'm back again," You smile, "I got you guys some desserts in town. I know you all have a sweet tooth."

Sure, they all had a sweet tooth, but Midnight had told you he specifically enjoyed the cupcakes from the cafe in town.

"WOO! You're the best!" Racer exclaimed as I handed the sweet treats over to them. They placed it down and immediately unwrapped it, choosing their desserts.

"Welcome back again," Midnight approached you. You brought out a separate bag and handed it to him. He looked at you, puzzled, "What is this?"

"Your favourite cupcakes," You smile, "I figured I'd save you the energy of tackling the others for it, unless you want it to be said at your funeral that you died over a fight for a cupcake?"

As you guys looked over at the other members of the Oración Seis, you saw that they were all fighting over who gets what desserts.

"I TOLD YOU I WANTED THE PURPLE ONE!" Cobra roared.

"WE CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT WE WANT!" Angel shouted back.

"Why don't you guys just half-" Hoteye began.

"NO!" They both shouted simultaneously.

"Thank you Y/n," His cheeks went a light blush colour that didn't go unnoticed by you, "What do you say we leave and have these cupcakes in a more peaceful place?"

Was he asking you on a date?

"Sure," You nodded, trying not to seem too eager, but you were internally exploding.

We quietly tried to sneak away until Cobra heard us. Of course he did, he hears everything.

"Hey! Where are you guys going?!" Cobra shouted.

"Run," Midnight grabbed your hand and you both sprinted. Your heart thumped as you realised that he was holding your hand.

He led the way because he knew his way around the forest. You guys ended up by a river. It was calming so you guys sat down by it.

Opening up the box of cupcakes, he passed you one and took one for himself.

"They're so good," You hummed in happiness as you took a bite.

"I know right, that's why they're my favourite," He chuckled when he looked at you. You tilted your head at him in confusion as to why he was laughing. He pointed to the corner of his mouth, "You got something there."

"I'm so messy," You groan as you try to find a napkin.

"Let me help you," Suddenly his breath was on your face and when you looked up, you realised how close he was, "May I?"

You nodded in shock as he put a hand on your cheek and gently kissed you. Midnight was kissing you. MIDNIGHT WAS KISSING YOU!

After a few moments, he pulled away and used his thumb to swipe the tiny bit of icing away from your mouth.

"Got it," He smirked.

"You could've just done that from the beginning," You mumbled.

"Would you have rather I did that?" He raised an eyebrow.

"...no."

———————————————

Author's Note:

Requested by: Sasorismile

Hope you liked it!