Chapter 6: Answers

A few days had passed and Edward kept checking in on Oswald asking how he felt and Oswald kept giving him the same answer a dozen times over. "Ed this is the last time I'm gonna say I feel perfectly fine! Now drop it!" Barked Oswald as he sat at his desk holding his head.
"How close are you to finding Strange?" Asked Edward changing the subject for the sake of Oswald's health.
"The only thing I know is that he hasn't left Gotham but there are a million places to hide in this city and Sofia covers her tracks very well so this is going forever." Said Oswald with a sigh as he laid his head against the table.
"You'll find him Oswald, I know you will." Said Edward as he placed his hand on Oswald's back and rubbed in a small circle. Oswald sighed and stood.
"I'm gonna go take a nap." Muttered Oswald just feeling mentally and emotionally exhausted because though he had convinced Ed he didn't think he was on his death bed but truly he was terrified of going to bed one night and never waking up. He was mostly scared of what his death would do to Edward. These thoughts had been on his mind for almost a week so he was exhausted from worrying and just wanted one singular moment of absolutely no stress or feelings of an impending doom. He wanted to relax for even a few seconds that's all so he went upstairs and went into his bedroom, he sat on the bed and flopped back staring at the ceiling. He took a deep breath trying to silence his thoughts but they wouldn't quiet down. Suddenly there was a break in the loudness of his thoughts.
"Oswald?" Asked Edward's voice as the door opened with a creek.
"Yes?" He asked softly as he closed his eyes just trying to focus on Ed's and nothing more.
"I thought I'd join you, if that's alright?" Asked Edward as Oswald smiled.
"That actually sounds nice." Said Oswald as he sat up. Edward walked over sitting on the bed and Oswald curled up next to him placing his head on Edward's chest listening to his heart beat. "This feels like a nightmare that just won't ever end." Admitted Oswald as he slid his hand under Edward's black button up.
"It'll end eventually, I know it will." Said Edward as he rubbed Oswald's shoulder. "But no matter what I'll tough it out with you, I promise." Said Edward as he looked down at Oswald and kissed him softly. That singular kiss sparked something inside Oswald that made him forget all his worries and now just wanted nothing more but to be closer to Edward so that is exactly what they did.

After about an hour or two there was a knock on the bedroom door whilst they were in the middle of their sexual escapade. "Mr. Cobblepot Sir?" Asked one of Oswald's men asked as he knocked startling them both. Oswald growled and pushed Edward off of him. He got his robe on and went to the door only opening it a crack.
"What?!" He barked as the man froze.
"We found Strange he's down stairs." Stated the man as Oswald sighed and looked back at Edward.
"I'll be done in a minute." Said Oswald as the man looked confused.
"Than what do we do with Strange?" Asked the man.
"I don't care! Just leave him alive!" Shouted Oswald as he shut the door. The two of them finished what they started then got dressed and headed down stairs.

Oswald walked down stairs seeing Strange tied to a chair, his men were debating on what to do to the man. "Boss said just leave him alive."
"That leaves things kind of wide open."
"So what do we do to him?"
"I don't know?"
"Leave us." Stated Oswald as he walked in with Edward at his side.
"Oswald please let's discuss things like the civilized men we are, no need to resort to violence." Pleaded Hugo as he struggled at his restraints.
"We could but where's the fun in that." Said Oswald in a cocky tone as he walked passed Hugo with Edward over to another room. Edward then came out wheeling a cart with a black sheet over it. Oswald quickly pulled the sheet off revealing the odd machine that Hugo had used as therapy. "Ed have I ever told you about my first time in Arkham?" Asked Oswald as Edward grinned.
"Ya know I don't recall you ever doing so." Stated Edward knowing they were trying to scare Hugo.
"This thing was used for 'therapy' and it was like if you were electrocuted while also getting a lobotomy at the same time." Stated Oswald as Hugo struggled against the restraints.
"I'LL TELL YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW!" Shouted Hugo remembering not only the pain he watched this machine put Oswald but also when Oswald had used it to torture him back when he worked for Fish Mooney.
"I know you will, but I wanna have a little fun first." Said Oswald with a grin as he placed the headset on him along with the mouth guard so he didn't bite off his tongue because he still needed him to talk once they were done. He turned it one and they listen to the slightly muffled screaming of Hugo Strange.