Chapter 10

Aurora sat on the bench as they were all getting ready for the day as Meredith and Aurora had been working on Dereks Alzheimer's research earlier that morning.

"It's horrible." Meredith complained as Cristina and Aurora shook her head at her.

"It's the opposite of horrible." Aurora says to her.

"Alzheimer's or diabetes?" Meredith continues.

"If you continue to whine about how you can't decide which ground-breaking medical advancement to put your name on,I will punch you in the ear." Cristina says as Aurora laughs at the two.

"Well, my name's already on one of them, according to the chief.I mean, diabetes..." Meredith says to them.

"Affects 240 million people worldwide." Lexie says to them.

"And Alzheimer's is..." Meredith looks at her sister.

"The seventh leading cause of death." Lexie says to them as the three look at each other.

"It's Sophie's Choice." Cristina says to both Meredith and Aurora.

"It's Sophie's Choice." They both agree nodding as they chuckle.

"I've never seen that movie." Lexie says to them as Rory turns to her.

"You should. It's really funny." Aurora says as she puts on her lab coat.

"Greys. How long has your father been having abdominal pain?" Bailey says to them as they discuss their dad.

"Well I'm off to find my green eyed man since I haven't seen him today." Aurora says as she passes Owen on the way out.
~
Aurora found Jackson making notes in one of the patient files as she smiled as she walked over to him as he looked up at her. "Hey." Jackson says with a smile on his face as he leans in and kisses her.

Rory kisses him back as she looks up at him as Jackson watches her. "Hey so who's service are you on?" Aurora asks him.

"Umm Marks actually which he'll be here soon I think." Jackson says as Mark walks over to the couple.

"Dr. Avery, it's about time I had you on my service. Ahh and my other favourite resident are you changing up specialties yet?" Mark says as he looks at Rory as she shakes her head at him smiling.

"Thank you, Dr. Sloan. I gotta say,I really think I have the hands for plastics." Jackson says to him as he walks with Mark and Rory.

"Forget about your hands.Look at those cheekbones." Mark says as Aurora smiles slightly at them both.

"Sir?" Jackson questions him giving more an uncertain look.

"You're genetically blessed.Don't think I haven't noticed. Speaking from personal experience,I can say that that'll only help you in plastics. That face?
Better than a hundred billboards, my man." Mark says to him as Aurora smiles at Jackson.

"All right, Dr. Sloan, I...really don't feel comfortable being judged or praised based on my looks." Jackson says to him.

"Oh, poor Mr. Green Eyes.Let's not pretend being beautiful's a burden." Mark says as Aurora erupts into laughter as Jackson glares at her as she leans in and kisses him.

"Don't give me that look. He's right your gorgeous and those eyes are what I fell in love with now this belongs all to me." She says to Jackson as she kisses his cheek.

"Now, come on. Mrs. Johnson's nose isn't gonna fix itself.How about a little sparkle?There it is." Mark says as Jackson forces a smile as Rory smiles at him as she goes to find Derek.
~
"Holy crap! Your mom was smart." Cristina says as they look at the diabetes trial information.

"Truck. Cabin. Spoon." Alex says as he tries to remember.

"Three for three!" Jackson says he high fives Alex as he looks over at Rory.

"Crap! This is so good!" Cristina comments as Aurora nods agreeing.

"Is it better than this?'Cause seriously, Mer, you'd have to have died of Alzheimer's to fail this." Alex says to her.

"I don't even know if I'm doing it yet." Meredith says to them

"You have to."Mothers daughter surgeons cure leading killer." I'm so jealous, and I'm doing
a heart transplant on a baby that hasn't even been born yet." Cristina brags to them.

"Will you shut up about that?" Alex snaps at her.

"You're the one who needs to keep his mouth shut, Cabbage Patch." Cristina says to him as Aurora looks at Alex.

"Screw this. I've been on this case for a month. I'm not just gonna sit here." Alex says as he walks out.

"Meredith? You have to come see Dad." Lexie says to her.

"Does he want more organs?" Meredith says to her.

"He wouldn't say, he was too busy lovin'-up on a tattooed 20-year-old." Lexie says to her as Jackson faces her.

"Is that upsetting you?You wanna talk about it?" Jackson asks her as Aurora looks at him confused.

"No!" Lexie snaps at him.

"No worries. I have a surgery to get to." Jackson says to her as he heads out as Aurora watches him.
~
Aurora was sat reading one of her book as a tray of chocolate covered strawberries were placed in front of her as she looked behind her seeing Jackson smiling at her. "What did you do?" She asks him as he sits beside her.

"I didn't do anything just thought it would be nice to treat my girlfriend." Jackson says to her as Aurora looks at him.

"So nothing to do with whatever has been going on with you and Lexie all day?" Aurora says making Jackson confused.

"What do you- oh no wait you thought there's something with me and Lexie?" Jackson says with a smirk on his face as Aurora looks down placing a strawberry in her mouth.

"You've acting weird with her all day." Aurora says not looking at him as he lets out a small chuckle.

"First of all, Mark has been making me get answers in return for a good surgery which he's basically black mailing me and second of all I've been in love with you for like 10 years you think I'm going to do anything to screw this up not a chance." He says as he leans over and kisses her as she kisses him back.

"I love you." Aurora says to him.

" And I love you." Jackson tells her as Aurora looks at him as she places a small kiss on his lips.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N- I've decide to rewrite some parts of the next few chapters as I didn't really like this book the way it was so I'm just making some improvements and the idea of Jackson's brother had been removed as it didn't really make any sense.