Chapter 69

Rory was walking down the corridor as Jackson caught up with her as he wrapped his arm around her. "Was everything okay this morning getting the twins to daycare?" Jackson asks her.

"Yeah I did pretty well on my own how was your surgery?" Rory asks her husband.

"Like every other liposuction surgery what time do we have to be at your brothers place?" He asks her.

"Uhh around 7 Meredith said." Rory tells him.

"Okay I got to run but I will see you later." Jackson says as he kisses Rory as she pushes him off laughing.

"Get going Avery." She says as he tries to kiss her again as he walks away laughing.
~
Rory walk to over to Jo in the E.R as she saw her talking with Stephanie. "Do you have any idea what's going on with Alex?" Rory asks her as Jo looks up at her.

"Umm no why has he said something to you?" She asks her.

"No that's why I'm asking you what's going on with him?" Rory says looking at her confused.

"It's not my place to say anything and he's barely speaking to me unless it's work related." Jo tells her as she gets up to walk away.

"If you know something then tell me he's clearly hiding something. Your supposed to be his girlfriend look I know my brother and he only acts like this when he's hiding something or something happened now what going on Wilson?" Rory says growing frustrated.

"Your father was in the hospital a few weeks ago alex told me not say anything but I pushed for him to talk to him and I think did. Now he won't even barely look at me." Jo rambles as Rory stared at her for a moment.

"James he was here. Why?" Rory questions her wanting answers.

"He got high with some other guys and they crashed their car into a tree. He had endocarditis due to his heroin use, which we treated." Jo tells her as Rory shakes her head.

"Alex he spoke to him?" Rory asks looking at her brother's girlfriend. "Wilson!" Rory said growing angry as everyone looked at them.

"I don't know." Jo says to her as Rory walked away quickly.
~
Rory walked up to Alex as he looked up at her. "You okay Rory?" He asks her as he saw the expression on her face.

"James he was here and you didn't tell me?" Rory says as Alex looks at her.

"How do you know about that?" Alex asks worried for his sister.

"It doesn't matter how I know it matter why you didn't tell me? I thought we were always supposed to be there for each other and no secrets." Rory says looking at him.

"I didn't want you to know. I wanted to protect you okay. Your happy Rory your finally happy with Jackson and Parker and Everly. You've got everything you ever wanted he doesn't get to come and ruin that for you." Alex says to her as she looks at him.

"I don't need protecting Alex I'm not mom or Aaron or Amber. We're not kids anymore you don't need to hide me from him." Rory tells him as he looks at her.

"He had another kid. He abandoned them as well." Alex tells Rory as she looks at him.

"You spoke to him?" She asks looking at her brother as he looked away from her.

"He didn't recognise at first but after he got out I found out he was in some band and they play at a bar. I went a few times and then finally we talked and played guitar. He told me about his other family he abandoned them as well. I punched him why did he have to turn up now?" Alex says as he looks at Rory as she hugs him.

He hugged her back. "I don't know but whatever happen we deal with it together this time?" Rory says as Alex nods at her.
~
Rorys mind kept going back to James as Jackson walked over to her as he sat beside her as she didn't look at him as he placed his hand on her thigh as she jumped slightly. "Hey its just are you okay?" Jackson says looking at with a worried expression.

"Yeah sorry just had kids jumping out all day you know what Halloweens like. How was your day?" She says with a small smile at she takes his hand.

"Yeah it's was strange one actually this guy came into the E.R he was attacked and bitten by another man, like some sort of zombie. The zombie guy bit Murphy. I worked with April we managed to get him sorted but it's been a weird day how about you?" Jackson asks her as she looks at him.

"Just normal to be honest apart from the kids jumping out but just typical Halloween stuff we should go get the twins and head to Alex's." Rory says as Jackson nods as he grabs her hand as they went to pick up the twins.
~
Rory stood with Derek as she was holding Parker as Jackson had Everly. "Thing 1 and thing 2 very inventive. Parker would really suit blue hair." Derek says looking at the little boy as Rory looks at him.

"Cat in the hat classic for the twins Bailey looks adorable at a little pumpkin and Zola is the prettiest butterfly I've ever seen." She says to Derek.

"I wanted to thank you for stepping up you know with me taking a step back from surgery it's really helped knowing I've got you." Derek says as Rory smiles at him.

"I get all the good surgeries now don't think you'll be getting them back and I've even started looking into the hopeless cases again maybe they'll be something there how you doing since you stepped back? You regret it?" She asks him as he shook his head.

"No not at all I like being able to focus on this project and have more time with these two." Derek says as Rory nods at him as the continued to catch up.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N- how should Rory handle the situation with her dad?