Chapter 25

"That was pathetic." Cristina says at the three girls laugh at Alex as he walks back over to them at the bar.

"Shut up." Alex says as Aurora looks at her brother.

"She told you to go screw yourself.We could hear it all the way over here." Aurora says to him trying not to laugh.

"It's not 'cause she wasn't into me." Alex says to them as he takes a sip of Rory's drink as she hits his hand.

"Oh, does "Go screw yourself" have some secret meaning we're not aware of?" Meredith asks him as he looks at them.

"I kinda already knew her. I just didn't remember." Alex says as Aurora looks at him in shock.

"You slept with her before and forgot about it and then tried to pick her up all over again?" Aurora asks her brother.

"You're not even drinking.I have a history of Alzheimer's in my family.What's your excuse?" Meredith says to him.

"It's O'Malley's fault.I mean, talking about dead people,it throws me off my game, that's all." Alex says to them.

"Mm.It's Janet.Can you, uh, pay for my, uh, thing?" Meredith says as she looks at her phone and then at Cristina.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Cristina says to her.

"Thank you. Hey, hey, Janet." Meredith says down the phone as she walks out of the bar.

"I gotta run.Would you pay for mine?" Alex says looking at both of them as his pager goes off.

"No. I'm leaving.I'm going to the skills lab." Cristina says to him.

"Oh, come on." Alex says to her point to the door Meredith just walked out of.

"She had the social worker on the phone.You can fish 20 bucks out of your pocket." Cristina says as Alex looks at his sister.

"Go but your getting it next time." She says to him as he smiles at her before heading out.
~
"Rory ride with your brother. He's on a baby run." Arizona says to Rory as she passes her in the hallway.

"Yeah I'll just go change." Rory says to her.

"Well, newborn life hanging in the balance. Make it fast." Arizona says as Aurora quickly takes off to change into her scrubs.
~
"It's not your fault you know." Aurora says looking at Alex as they headed to the hospital to pick up the baby as he looks up at her.

"What are you talking about?" He asks his sister slightly confused.

"Meredith and Derek losing Zola it's not your fault. You need to stop feeling guilty." Aurora says to him as he ignores her.
~
"Hey, we're here to pick up a newborn, take her to Seattle Grace." Alex says as he walks in with Rory.

"You're, uh, you're looking for me.I'm Jordan Wagner.I am really glad to see you guys." Jordan says to them.

"Yeah, I'm Alex Karev. Aurora Karev." Alex introduces them both.

"Okay. Li... uh, listen,she was born six hours ago,
right away, trouble breathing.Stomach looked distended,so we put down an N.G. tube.But the X-ray showed that it was just coiling in her chest.We've done everything we can to keep her breathing,but it's been a struggle." Jordan tells them as they go over to the baby.

"You don't have a neonatal mask?" Alex says to them.

"We're not set up for neonatal or O.B.She was an emergency delivery,otherwise, we would've sent her
to the hospital in Leavenworth." Jordan says to them.

"Pulse ox is 79. Respiratory rate is 80.She's got retractions." Rory tells Alex as she looks at the monitors.

"How come she's not intubated?" Alex asks them.