Chapter 7: Friend or Foe?

Anne POV

Anne slowly woke up, feeing weak and dizzy. She slowly sat up, taking in her surroundings. Forest? Green? OH! She fell!!

As Anne's eye sight settled in, she turned her head before immediately screaming. She saw something looking at her. Anne started to try and run but she was feeling weak, her whole body aching, so she fell forward, turning back in fear.

"Wait!" The thing said as it slowly approached Anne. As it came closer, Anne saw it more clearly. It was thin and.. yellow? No the top was yellow. It.. looked kind of like her... not exactly but... similar.

     Anne looked closer. "You.. look like me.. a human!! A human like me!" Anne screams, leaning in even closer.

"Yeah!" The yellow haired human exclaimed. "You're a human! I didn't know there were other humans in Amphibia!"

     "Me neither! This is so exciting!" Anne said, facing her body towards the girl. "I'm Anne! I fell from that birds mouth because I was being taken away. I'm from WartWood, it isn't too far from here."

     The girl examined Anne closely. "I'm Sasha," she finally says. "I've just been traveling between villages."

     "Really? That's incredible!" Anne says. "I've lived my whole life in WartWood. My first time outside is today, actually! And I immediately got kidnapped by a giant bird."

     "Wow, nice job," Sasha says, sarcastically, before laughing. Anne already liked this Sasha girl. "I didn't even know there was a village in this area."

     "Just behind the mountains!" Anne explains, pointing to the mountains in the far distance. "Speaking of which, I better get home.." Anne looked up at her. "Do you maybe want to go to the village with me?"

     Sasha's eyes widened. She bit her lip nervously. "Oh! Uhh.. I guess it wouldn't hurt to visit. But I need to get back to my village afterwards."

     Anne's eyes lit up. "Perfect! Let's go then!"

     Little did Anne know she was setting herself up for disaster....