Chapter 12: Attempted Escape

Marcy POV

Marcy slowly opened her eyes, her whole body aching. "W-Where am I..?" She manages to mutter. As her eye sight starts to set into place, she realized how cold her hands were. When she looked down, she saw her wrists cuffed with chains. "Fantastic," she grumbles. Sure, Marcy was never physically gifted, but luckily, she was smart. She would find a way out of this! Right..?

Marcy weakly stood up, looking around her surroundings. Just a cell with a itchy mattress, a toilet, a small window with bars, and a mirror. Marcy looked into the mirror. She was still wearing her ball gown but it was completely tattered and dirty. Her medium length black hair was completely messy and she had bruises scattered around her body. Dang.. how long was she in here?

"Hello..?" She calls, peaking through the bars of the cell.

"Human, you're finally awake?" A voice spoke out.

Marcy nodded quietly. "W-Who are you..?"

"Grime, first general of the toads. But enough about me, I'm fascinated to know more of you. A human wearing the clothes of royal newts?"

"It was a gift," Marcy whispers.

"Lies. How could you know the noble blood?"

"I don't have to explain anything to you," Marcy says, firmly. She backed away to the wall. "You have to release me at once."

"I'm afraid I can't do that, human. But let me find Sasha first, and then we will have much to discuss."

"Sasha? Who is Sasha?"

"A human just like you."

Marcy gasped. A human..? Like her..? Marcy suddenly ran forward, gripping her hands on the bars. She wanted to see the face of the toad speaking to her but he wasn't in sight of her view. But suddenly, out of nowhere, he appeared right in front of her, horrifying smile plastered across his face. Marcy screamed, falling backwards.

"Oh, so I don't brush one day and I'm a monster? Ha!" The toad wore armor, one eye glowing blue and the other yellow. Marcy inched herself backwards to the wall once again. She did not need to see that again.

     Marcy just stayed silent. She was kind of raised to be afraid of the toads. And she was. They were scary and... short. With sharp teeth.

     Marcy felt the wall against her back as she slowly looked towards the bars. "Come out here!" He shouts, angrily. Marcy hugged her knees as the toad looked through the bars, his eye radiating yellow.

     "Leave me alone!" Marcy shouts back.

     "Don't make me go in there."

     Marcy reluctantly moved slowly towards the bars of the cage. The toad suddenly reached forward, grabbing her by her dress, pulling her forward. Marcy's head hit the metal bars as she was shaking, her eyes meeting with his.

     "Human.." The toad turned to another toad nearby. "Find Sasha, instantly."

     The toad nodded as it ran off.

     The commander toad faced Marcy once again. Marcy was full of fear, quivering as he met eyes with her. He slowly let go of her dress as she collapsed onto the floor, scooting back. "Sorry about that, I can be a little rough. Just stay in here in the meantime. Food will be brought to you."

     A toad apologizing? That's something you wouldn't see every day. "You can't keep me here. My parents must be worried sick," Marcy insists, hoping reasoning would work. Well, what other option did she have? She couldn't bust the cage open, she wasn't super jacked or anything.

     "I'm so sorry, but when?"

     "When what?"

     "Did I ask?" The toad started cackling to himself as Marcy sat there, very unimpressed. He cleared his throat before continuing. "But I must say, you aren't going anywhere. Now, I have some business to attend to, so sit tight." And with that, the toad walked off without even offering his name.

     Marcy sighed as she went back to the itchy mattress, sitting on it. It would be a while before she could get out..

     A/N/ April fools lol! I hated today, this guy said I looked pretty and I was in the middle of thanking him and then, I kid you not, he shoved me and said "APRIL FOOLS!" So yeah I hated today 🤪 anyways I'm just here cause.... I'm hyped for the next Amphibia episode! I really liked the last one I'm so happy Sasha is a main character I can't wait to see more of her, and of the new owl house episode!