Chapter 25: Chaos Continues

Anne POV

As Marcy left, Anne turned to Sasha. "Sasha?"

"Yeah?"

"How much longer are we going to keep this lie up? I mean.. you trusted me. Why not Marcy?"

"Because she's with the newts, Anne," Sasha snaps. "I mean, she's nice and all but at the end of the day, newts still look down upon us. Especially the royalty. I just have a bad feeling. One day, maybe, but for now just respect I don't want to tell her."

Anne felt taken aback by Sasha's response. "Right.." she says. "Well.. how about we go check on her? You know, see how the dress fitting is going."

"Sure," Sasha says before shoving a folded piece of paper into her pocket.

What was that? Anne thinks.

     "What are you looking at?" Sasha asks.

     "N-Nothing!" Anne says.

     "Let's go." Sasha

     Anne followed Sasha out of the bedroom as they walked through the hallway. Anne could hardly wait for her family to arrive. She wanted to introduce them to Marcy. They would love her. Anne paused as she realized it sounded like Marcy was her girlfriend. Ha! So funny..

     "Look at these paintings.." Sasha says, staring at the portraits on the wall. It was an elegant and fancy portrait of King Andrias. "It's so beautiful." Anne examined it. True, the detail was incredible.

     "Ha, don't tell me you're attracted to the king," Anne giggles, pushing Sasha's arm a little.

     "Ha, no way." She smiled at the painting. "Guess I just miss painting a little."

     "Whoa, you paint?"

     "Just a little. It's only a hobby." Sasha brushed her hair behind her ear. "But this is really nice."

     Anne smiled. "You should teach me how to paint."

     "Oh.. yeah that sounds like fun." Sasha looked away. "In any case, we should go."

     "Right."

     Anne followed Sasha as they walked down the stairs and through the hallway as they eventually made it to the tailor room. Anne was impressed how fast Sasha was learning the way around the palace. Marcy herself admits she still gets lost.

     Sasha pushed the door open as they both went in. "Marcy!" Anne exclaims as they saw her wearing her pajamas but a giant green poofy skirt as the tailor was measuring her and taking notes.

     "Oh! Hi guys!" Marcy exclaims as she turned to face two newts, one blue and one pink. "Moms, meet my two friends, Akana and Anne."

     "Moms?!" Anne exclaims, getting to her knees. "Lady Olivia! General Yunnan! It's an honor!"

     Silence.

     Sasha pulled Anne up. "Get up, you look like a doofus."

     "Oh right! Of course!"

     "Well hello there, Anne, Akana. The honor is ours to have you as our guest. Thank you for being so kind to our daughter Marcy."

     "You got it!" Anne says.

     Sasha looked at Marcy's skirt. "Are you really wearing that? The skirt is so big you could hide me and Anne in there and no one would know." Anne couldn't help but giggle a little at her comment.

     "Haha, yeah, it's supposed to be a traditional coronation dress. I'm not really a fan of long dresses but at least I can wear tennis shoes and no one will know."

     "No you won't," Olivia says.

     "We know everything," Yunnan adds.

     Marcy sighed. "Or I guess I'll wear heels."

     "Don't worry, we can walk you down the isle at your coronation," Sasha says, laughing.

     "This is my coronation, not a wedding," Marcy says, also laughing a little. "But yeah, maybe help me to walk?"

     "Okay, no worries. Sprig and I used to walk on our tippy toes and pretend we were wearing heels."

     "Sprig?"

     "Oh.." Anne paused. "My little brother."

     Marcy gave Anne a sympathetic look. "Don't you worry. They will be at the coronation. So will your entire frog town."

     "Thanks Marcy.. I just feel a little home sick."

     "Me too.." Sasha mutters.

     Suddenly, the tailor wrapped a corset around her dress, pulling the string as Marcy wailed a little. "A little tight, don't you think?"

     "Nonsense, as the ruler you will be wearing stiff like this all the time. Just like your mother."

     Marcy sighed. "Right.."

     [time skip to after the dressing, which took 3 more hours]

     Marcy collapsed onto her bed. "Well, I officially hate dresses. And clothes by association."

     Anne laughed, sitting beside her. "Well now that that chaos is all over, what do you want to do?"

     "Me?" Marcy thought for a moment. "I love visiting the Newtopia city when I can. And you still haven't seen it yet!"

     "Ohh, sounds fun. I'm in!" Anne turned to Sasha. "Akana you in?"

     "Uhhh... yeah."

     "Okay! Let's go!"