Chapter 20: Royal life

Sasha POV

     Sasha would be lying if she said she didn't like living in the palace. Her bedroom was huge and dozens of newt staff tended to her needs. But that's what ticked her off. Why did the newts get this and not the frogs and toads? It was horrible how unfair the hierarchy was. Luckily, Sasha would change things.

Suddenly, the door to her bedroom swung open. Sasha sat up from her bed and looked over. "Sash!" It was Anne. "Can you BELIEVE the palace has free sushi?! I've never had sushi before, but oh man!" Anne was stuffing her face with the sushi. It looked like strange rolls. "Try some!"

     "Oh, no that's quite alright," Sasha says.

     Suddenly, Marcy walked into the room. "Oh there you are!" She said.

     "Hey Marcy!" Anne said, her mouth stuffed with sushi.

     "Hey," Sasha said.

     "I wanted to know if you guys wanted to hang out. You know, a tour of the castle. You are our guests after all."

     "Oh frog! I'm so in!" Anne exclaims.

     "Akana? How about you?" Marcy asks.

Sasha was almost fuming at the way they were called guests. Not much longer. "Yeah," she says. "I'm in." Sasha followed Anne and Marcy out of her room.

"So..." Anne starts. "Tell us about yourself, Marcy."

     "Oh, well.. I'm the heiress... uhh I will be crowned queen soon." Sasha perked up. "I love books. I can show you the Newtopia library if you want."

     "Oh sure! We have a library back in Wartwood. Though it only consists of 7 books," Anne explains.

"Oh.. well ours is.. bigger. Here I'll show you." They suddenly stopped at a large pair of doors. Well every door was huge. Marcy pushed the door open to reveal a humongous library. There were tall bookshelves filled entirely with books tucked neatly in. Spiral staircases to reach the second floor. It was bigger than the entire toad tower. What the actual frog.

     "Whoa!!!!" Anne exclaims. "These are so cool!"

"But enough about the books," Sasha interrupts. "Tell is more about this whole ceremony of you getting the crown."

Marcy looked at her weirdly. "Oh. Umm I'm not really sure. I guess I wear a fancy dress and get a crown in front of a crowd.. then boom. I'm the leader."

"And when will this be?" Sasha persists.

"The 23rd."

     "Interesting," Sasha mutters. "Okay. I've got to go."

     "You don't want to stay for dinner, Akana?" Marcy asks. "It's almost done being made."

     "No, I'm fine. I have to do something." Sasha ran out the room and towards her own, slamming the door behind her and locking it. Sasha immediately took a piece of paper and quill from her desk, writing a letter. Grime, she wrote. I have huge news that can help us with this invasion.