Chapter 26: Newtopia Robbery

Sasha POV

     Sasha got her letter from Grime at night. Lucky for her, the girls were asleep so no suspicions. She opened the window to let the bird in as it dropped the letter and left. She unrolled it.

     Sasha
     Very well. We can hold off the dethroning until the coronation. But you must be careful. The princess may be on to you. She got captured by us but managed to get away. She knows about you, Sasha. Keep playing your fake role but if anything goes wrong, end things quickly.
     Grime

     Marcy had gotten kidnapped by the toads? And didn't tell them? Hm. Smart girl. But maybe she is onto her. Sasha didn't want to but she will if it comes to it. Maybe she'd do a good job as ruler but Sasha can't take that chance. She needed equality.

     [time skip]

"WOHOO!!" Marcy yells, running down the hill of the palace before tripping over a tiny rock and tumbling down.

"Marcy!!" Anne exclaims as they both ran over to her aid.

     "You said you were clumsy but wow," Sasha says, pulling her up.

     "Haha, don't worry bout me though! At least we're here!" Marcy turned around to face the city. "Welcome to Newtopia! Officially."

     The city was covered in tall golden buildings, flooding with newts. There was music playing, the smell of delicious food through the kingdom, and even a random golden statue of Marcy by the bridge.

     "This place is so cool!" Anne squeals. "And you get to rule this place?"

"I know, it's so crazy!" Marcy says back. "I hardly get to leave the palace. Technically I'm not supposed to be outside right now but you guys won't tell my moms right?"

"No, your secrets safe with us," Sasha reassured her. Sasha had to play it careful around Marcy.

"Okay, so what do you guys want to do first?" Marcy asks as they walked through the city. "There's the market, mall, park, museum.."

"I want to see the museum!" Sasha says quickly. "For uhhh... ya know.. cool artifacts..?"

"Oh yeah," Marcy says, looking at her. "Okay let's go." Marcy, Sasha, and Anne continued walking before they heard a sudden scream and crash.

"What was that?" Sasha asks.

"There!" Anne yells as she pointed down the street where lots of newts were running and trying to get away. The chaos couldn't mean anything good.

Marcy thought fast and ran in the direction. Sasha felt a little unsure about running head first into danger but Anne turned to her. "Let's go, Sash," she says before Sasha nodded and followed her.

"What's going on here?" Marcy demands, entering the building, Sasha and Anne following behind.

The scene was chaotic, two amphibians dressed in all black, face covered, holding a knife to the waitress and demanding them to cough up the money. "What is that?" One of the robbers asked the other.

"It's the heiress. I knew she was a weird creature but geez, that's just gross."

"Okay, enough." Marcy took a step forward which Sasha thought was bold but stupid considering she didn't have a weapon. "Give the money back to the waitress and drop your weapons. I'll only ask once."

"I have a better idea.." the robber says. And quickly, he jumped at Marcy, grabbing her and holding a knife close to her neck, right in time for the newt guards to come rushing in. "Get one step closer and I'll kill the heiress!"

     Everyone froze. Sasha was stunned. She never seen something like this before. Sasha turned to Anne. She was speechless, shaking and holding onto her. Sasha turned to Marcy. They locked eyes. Marcy gave her a look like 'You know what to do.'

     Sasha pulled Anne by the sleeve. "Come on," she whispers, as they slowly exited the cafe unnoticed.

     "Sash, we gotta help her!" Anne insists.

     "I will. You stay here."

     "What are you planning to do?" Anne asks.

     "I have a plan. Just stay here." Sasha dashed off, running to the back side of the cafe, the window luckily open. Sasha slowly slid her body through. She was in the kitchen. She then slowly creeped towards the door. She pressed her face against the ground to look under the crack. No one was facing the kitchen. Perfect chance to strike. Sasha pushed the door open, jumping at the amphibians that held Marcy captive. She reached for the knife in his hands, grabbing it. He fell backwards, dropping Marcy. "Go!" She yells as Marcy got to her feet and ran out the door, as all the newts ran towards the robbers. "End of the line," Sasha says as the guards took the amphibians away, cuffing them without much of a struggle.

     Suddenly, Sasha felt herself being tackled. "You did it!" Anne squeals.

     "Thank you!" Marcy says. "I thought I was a goner for a second."

     "Yeah, we'll I'm glad you're safe."

     "Princess," a newt guard says, approaching Marcy. "Are you hurt?"

     "No. Thanks to Akana." She reached over and hugged Sasha. "Thank you.."

     "Oh yeah, no problem," Sasha says nervously. She felt horrible.