Chapter 15: Another Human..?

Marcy POV

     Funny thing about being a prisoner, it isn't very delightful.

     But don't get Marcy wrong. She appreciated the random toads that would approach her and speak with her in just a friendly way, but they kinda treated her as if she was a pet.

     Marcy perked up as she heard footsteps, followed by the booming voice, "MARCY!" Marcy ran towards the bars to see her new toad friend, Percy.

     "Hey Percy," Marcy says, smiling slightly.

"Hey Marcy! I brought you some food!" He exclaims, revealing a dish with a sandwich on top.

"Whoa, sandwiches?

     "Yes! Bradock make it especially the way you liked, toasted on the top and the flies extra crunchy." He slipped the plate through the slit of the door.

     "Gosh, thanks, Percy. I thought I'd starve here," Marcy says as she shoved the sandwich into her mouth. "Do you know when you'll let me go?"

"Gosh, I don't know, Marcy," Percy says in a sympathetic tone. "Probably not until Commander Sasha gets back."

"The human?" Marcy asks, squeezing her hands against the bars of the cell. "I have to see her. I've never even seen another thing like me."

"Let's just say she isn't super friendly," Percy says, awkwardly. "She's the adopted daughter of Captain Grime."

"Well, I want to see her. Maybe she knows something about us."

"She doesn't. You're the first human we've seen besides her, Marcy."

Marcy sighed, flopping down onto the scratchy mattress. "I can't stay here, Percy," she whispers. "You have to help me out of here, please. My moms must be worried sick."

"I'm sorry, I can't do that I could lose my job."

"Percy! Please!" Marcy begs.

"Uhh.." Percy fake turned around as if Grime called for him. "WHAT WAS THAT GRIME? Okay I'm coming!" He turned to Marcy. "Sorry, toads orders."

"What a liar! Grime would never call for you when there are so much better options!" Marcy kicked the bar of the cell as Percy scrambled out of the room. Marcy sighed as she sat back down again. "How am I going to get out of here..?" She whispers, trying not to cry. And just as she was starting to lose hope, she heard something. A chirp.

Marcy turned around quick to the bars of the window of her cell. It was rather up high but she stood on the mattress, getting on her tippy toes to peek out. IT WAS JOE SPARROW!

"Joe!" Marcy whisper-shouts. "Over here buddy!" Nothing. Marcy gasped as she reached into her pocket, pulling out the whistle. As she blowed into it, the sharp whistling noise came out, catching the attention of Joe Sparrow. "Joe!" She shouts as he took off, flying straight towards her. "Yes!" Marcy cheers before realizing he wasn't stopping. "WAIT, NO-!"

     CRASH!!!!

     Marcy got knocked back onto the cell, hard. She winced as she coughed from all the dust. There was now a giant hole in the wall, her noble steed waiting for her. "That's not what I meant, but that works," she says, hopping onto Joe as she heard the doors open.

     "SHE'S ESCAPING!!!" Grime shouts as Joe took off. Marcy's heart was racing. This was working! She was going to make it out alive! Score!

     Marcy peeked back as they slowly faded from sight. She never met a toad before. But they we're definitely out of hand. She would definitely be talking to Olivia and Yunnan about this.

     As Marcy patted Joe's neck as they were flying, she sighed. "Another human, huh..?"