Prologue part 2

"There is no delicate way to put this but your mother is dead, she was killed the same day you were taken."

"What?" You said, your red eyes tearing up.

"I said your mother is-"

"I know what you said. I just don't believe it." Your left arm starts to hurt a bit, you don't remember how it happened but at some point, your left arm was burnt. It's heavily scarred, so you chose to wrap bandages around it or someone at the lair put it on. "So what will happen to me?" You ask holding in tears.

"You'll most likely be sent back to the states and be put in an orphanage," Bruce said.

You thought for a bit. You don't know how, but you know that the man that took you was the one who killed your mom. You thought for a while longer before having a dark idea. I'll avenge my mom and kill that man, but for that, I need to get stronger. Your eyes glanced over at the television and saw that some school was hosting an event. Students were fighting each other using their insane-looking quirks. You've heard of schools where people can go to become heroes. That's it! If I went to a hero school I could get stronger!

You glanced back at Bruce "What if I want to stay here?" You asked.

"You are half Japanese, so you can stay, but you will still be put in an orphanage," Bruce said.

"Why do you want to stay?" Nightwing finally chimed in.

"I want to be a hero and make sure kids don't lose their parents like how I did," you said. That pique their interest.

"Ok, but you could still do that in America. Why here?" Nightwing asked.

"I'm already here," you stated simply.

Bruce looked to be deep in thought before he finally concluded. "Since you missed a few years of school, you didn't learn important things. I'd doubt you could pass any entrance exam."

"Then I'll study hard! I will get into a hero school even if it's the last thing I do!" You yelled

"Quiet down," Bruce said calmly "if you come and live with me, then I could hire private tutors that could help make up for a lost time, and after a while, you could enroll in an elite school, and then once you graduate from that you could go to a hero school of your choice. I'll also train you so you could have a higher chance of getting past the entrance exams."

You didn't know what to say. You thought he would say it's impossible and that I should give up. You are at a loss for words.

"You sure about this Bruce?" Nightwing asked.

"I'm always sure of everything I do," Bruce said to him, before returning to his conversation with you, "So?"

"I accept," you said, "however, could I go to a public school instead of an elite school? I wouldn't fit in well"

"If that's what you want," Bruce said.

So that's what happened. Bruce adopted you and hired private tutors. For about four months you had private lessons nonstop, with sparring lessons with some of his other adopted children. Sometime during the fifth month, you enrolled in a public school and continued your various lessons after school.

Hello everyone, thanks for reading. The next few chapters will be in various points from your middle school years. After those chapters, the quality will probably increase due to season 1.