Victory or Defeat

"Welcome to the first match of the finals tournament. It's Izuku Midoriya from the hero course, versus, Hitoshi Shinso from general studies! The rules are simple: Immobilize your opponent or force them out of the ring. You can also win by making your opponent cry uncle," Present Mic said. You were sitting in the stands next to Kyoka sharing popcorn. From what you could gather, this Shinso guy can brainwash people. You don't know how, just that if Deku falls under his control, then it's an easy win for Shinso.

Shinso then started to speak but Deku didn't answer. This might be how Shinso controls people. Mic then began the match. Shinso continues to speak and whatever he said made Deku angry. He then said something while running at Shinso but then stopped moving. He must've fallen under Shinso's control.

"Ahh! I warned him not to say anything!" Ojiro yelled.

"Is this how Shinso controls people?" you ask him. Ojiro nods in response. Mic voiced his confusion (or shock). Iida and Uraraka began to worry.

"Why isn't he moving?" Iida asked.

"It's the first match! It should start out with a bang! The fight has just begun and Izuku Midoryia is... Completely frozen! He's not moving a muscle! And what's with that look on his face? Could this be a quirk at work? Hitoshi Shinso seems to have Izuku Midoriya Completely stunned!" Mic said trying to hype up the fight.

"He didn't stand out in the first rounds at all, but it's possible Shinso's crazy powerful! Who could've imagined this turn of events? That's the festival for ya!" Mic said.

"Bruce definitely could've imagined it," you say under your breath.

"This is a perfect example of why the entrance exam isn't rational," Aizawa stated.

"Huh? Whys that?" Mic asks.

"Since we're on to the individual matches, I had some information compiled about our final competitors. Shinso failed the practical exam to get into the hero course. Since he also applied for general studies, he probably figured that was going to happen. His quirk is incredibly strong, but that entrance test consisted of faux villains. Robots. It gave a huge advantage to those who had physical superpowers that they could show off. Despite his abilities, Shinso never stood a chance at passing," Aizawa explained.

You look over to Bruce and noticed he had papers he was looking at. You texted Jason.

========================================

[U/N]: Yo what's Bruce looking at?

PleaseNoCrowbar: He got copies of the information that Erasure Head compiled. I think he's planning how fights would end and what would happen in those fights.

[U/N]: Oh ok.

PleaseNoCrowbar: Wait. Why's my name PleaseNoCrowbar?

[U/N]: Uhh...

========================================

You quickly put your phone away. Jason isn't going to be happy about that. Oh well. You focus on the match. Shinso continued to talk to Deku, despite him already being under his control. Deku then turned around and started to walk out of bounds. Mic and Uraraka questioned this. Iida did some weird hand gestures and stated the obvious. Bakugo just stared at him. Mic then explained Shinso's quirk, but you pretty much already knew what it was so you didn't pay attention to what he said.

Deku had gotten to the edge when you felt a weird fogginess in your head, almost as if you stood up to fast. You look around and notice that nobody is moving like you were frozen in time. You look down at Deku and then notice some weird figures in the corridor on Deku's side of the ring. You look around some more and then you see something that terrified you. In the doorway to enter 1-A's section of the stadium was All For One and your mother. AFO didn't have his mask and looked like what he did before the raid on his hideout and your mother didn't look dead. Suddenly, you feel a jolt in your right arm, which ends up shocking Kyoka. Time was moving again and your brain didn't feel foggy. Deku had also used OFA to break a finger, which also broke him free of Shinso's control.

Everyone was shocked at this. However, you had a terrified look on your face and chills were running down your back. Kyoka and some of the others noticed this.

"Hey, you alright?" Kyoka asked.

"Y-yeah, I think," you respond.

"You think?"

"I'll explain later, I'm going to get a drink. You want one?"

"Bubble Tea" Kyoka said.

"Could you get me some too?" Ashido asked.

"Yeah, I'll be back," you say. You then walk off towards a nearby vending machine, which surprisingly has bubble tea. Interesting. (There are vending machines that dispense bubble tea, I ain't making this up)

You get a drink for yourself and a bubble tea for Kyoka and Ashido. They didn't say what flavor they wanted so you just picked a random one and started to walk back. When you enter you see Deku talking to Shinso, who was out of bounds. You sit back down next to Kyoka and said, "So Deku won?"

"Yeah," she said. You handed her and Ashido their tea. After a few minutes, Deku showed up, and almost immediately after that, the next match started.

"Enough standing around. Now welcome to the ring, our next players. He's got skills. But at the expense of some really creepy-looking elbows. From the hero course, it's Hanta Sero!" Mic announced causing cheers to abrupt through the crowd.

"Versus, an early frontrunner in the competition who's way too strong for his own good. Someone who rightfully got into the hero course baser on recommendation. It's Shoto Todoroki!" Mic announced again, with more cheers from the crowd.

"And now, for the second match of the finals. Ready? Begin!" Mic yelled. Sero immediately went to restrain Todoroki with his tape and started to throw Todoroki out of bounds. Todoroki stopped himself with ice and then sent a huge, and I mean HUGE blast of ice throughout your side of the stadium. Luckily for you, I didn't actually reach any of you, it was just very close. You could still easily see it from the outside of the stadium.

 You could still easily see it from the outside of the stadium

"Tell the truth, Sero. Can you move at all?" Midnight asked. Half of Midnight was perfectly covered in ice while the other half wasn't. Sero on the other hand, what almost completely covered in ice.

"Are you kidding? Obviously not. My body is freezing," Sero said in between shivers.

"Sero has been immobilized! Todoroki advances to the second round!" Midnight announces. The audience begins to chant nice try to Sero. Since you had copied Todoroki's quirk, you were able to use fire to help melt the ice.

Hello everyone, thanks for reading! If anyone here reads my Steven Universe book, then I apologize for only posting one chapter last week. I was at a wedding rehearsal Thursday and at the actual wedding Friday. That's all I have to say, peace!