Chapter 2

"We're home." Parker smiled as we walked in and gently set me down on the ground. The burning smell from earlier was gone, surprisingly the meat roasting over the fire didn't burn either. So it made me wonder what made me sick to my stomach earlier. "After all that, you must be hungry, right?" Parker looked to me, probably to see if my stomach had settled. I slowly nodded.

      He smiled before he grabbed a piece of the cooked meat from over the fire and handed it to me. Then he broke some more off to give to Rin and Shippo, who kindly thanked him.

     "Dig in." Parker smiled. I took a nibble of it."Doesn't it smell really good? This is how sandalwood smells. I'll cook with pine wood next time. The meat gets juicer with it."

      As I chewed, I couldn't help but noticed that the meat was dry and had no flavor. I really didn't want to complain since he is sheltering us and providing for us since I can't right now. Shippo came over with the medicine package, probably thinking what I was thinking. But he was more blunt like his uncle Inuyasha. He looked up at me with his green eyes, pleading.

     "All right, I'll crush these up and sprinkle it on the meat." I patted his head. His tail wagged with excitement.

     "That's medicine. You can't just eat those." Parker told me.

     "Just try it. You'll be amazed on the flavor." I smirked. "I cooked with these all the time from where I am from."

     Parker's face turned red as he blushed, trying to hide it with his arm. He cleared his throat.

     "Fine, I'll try it." He agreed before he took the meat and spices from me. "But I'm going first to make sure it's safe. You can have it after me."

     I chuckled at his expression. Then I patiently waited as he grounded up the spices I wanted in a bowl and pestle. He carefully sprinkled a little over the meat. The aroma immediately changed in the air. He was practically drooling and his golden eyes twinkled. I giggled at his newest expression. Rin and Shippo giggling too. Parker blushed, ears against his head before he tore off a piece and ate some.

      "Is it tasty?" I asked him.

     "It's delicious." Parker screamed. "This is the best meat I've ever had in my life!"

      Somehow down the line Parker and I ended up feeding each other while Rin and Shippo looked to each other with mischievous smiles. I glanced to them, making them act all innocent while they spiced their meals. I arched a brow at them. When I wasn't looking, I felt a sandpaper like feel on my hand. I looked back to find Parker licking my hand. I blushed as I watched him continue to do this.

     Soon the meat was all gone thanks to this party of four. Parker flopped onto his back with a satisfied smile.

     "It's been a long time since I was this happy after a meal." Parker smiled. I smiled at him as I started to clean up. Suddenly Parker sprung to life, startling me.

     "What are you doing?" I asked him.

     "I'm going to hunt a tiger to pay Harvey back for your medical treatment." Parker walked towards the door with a smirked on his lips. "You can take a break!"

       He shifted to his leopard form before dashing out of the hut. I sighed as I watched him go. I wanted to be the one who hunted the prey since it was my medical expenses. But now that I'm pregnant, I probably should take it easy for now until I know what is going on.

      Rin, Shippo and I were outside enjoying the fresh air. As I watched them play, I was quietly weaving some flowers into a flower crown. When I went to grab another flower, I noticed several herbs that weren't in Harvey's hut. These ones would be able to help with bloating, pain and amongst other things. I smiled as I gently started to collect the herbs. I set them aside before I went inside the hut to find something I could use to make a temporary drying rack. I found some several bamboo that would work. I grabbed six of them and made my way out of the hut. Shippo and Rin noticed me doing something and came running over.