Chapter 28

Winston and Sesshomaru went over to listen to the report. Thanks to my enhanced hearing, I was able to hear what was being said.

"We believe there are many more tunnels that scorpions left behind. The chief doesn't recommend Kagome leaving the house for now." The patrolman whispered. I clenched my jaw as I heard this but it was understandable. Besides, I needed a lot to be done anyway.

"I understand. Start filling up the holes." Winston stated.

"Winston, what's going on?" I asked, pretending I didn't hear.

"It's fine. They found a tunnel that the scorpions left behind last night, but they've fixed it already. I'm going on patrol. Stay in the house for now, and don't go outside." Winston told me. Sesshomaru agreed.

"Are you guys going to leave like that? I thought you usually patrolled in beast form." I tilted my head, "innocently" as I looked at them.

"Yeah, we are going like this." They smiled as they touched their new clothes. I chuckled as I got to my feet and walked over to them. I kissed them before I watched them go out to patrol.

I came back to eat, stiffly sitting down but Koga placed me upon his lap. I shook my head at this man before I started to eat. I glanced over to Shen and Alva. I think they caught me staring because they looked to me.

"Is something wrong love?"

"More like a question." I sipped my drink. "Lyell has been asleep each time I checked on him. Is he all right?"

"Oh, he's fine. He's just in his sleep state. He will be like that until they hatch." Shen told me.

"Oh."

"Yeah, he will also be starving when he wakes up." Alva mentioned. I nodded, putting that information in my brain.

The next few days were pretty busy in the household. Becky, Sango, mom and I were making clothes for our males. I was even making some for the boys and my kids. We happily conversed as we did this. Becky wasn't doing half bad for her first time. She was a fast learner and she made a cute outfit for Ford. She looked at me with happy eyes. I smiled and patted her head.

"It's beautiful Becky. Ford will love it." I told her. She nodded her head while she continued to make some more clothes. I decided to take a break so I took a little stroll outside. I used my reiki to thaw the water wheel again. It kept turning with ease now.

"Kagome!" I heard a familiar voice. "It's been a long time. How have you been?"

"Are you sure you want to be associating with me Molly?" I asked turning around to her.

"I...are you mad at me?" She looked to the ground, ashamed. "I'm sorry for that day. My mom pulled me along, and I was too afraid to stand up for you...I really regret that. I always went to your house when I saw smoke but I never say you. I thought you would come to the watering hole every two days, so I was waiting here. It was really cold."

I walked closer to her. "The whole village hates me now. Aren't you worried that they'd ignore you if they see you with me?" I arched a brow, folding my arms across.

"The scorpions weren't your fault! Thise scorpions are vicious. They go after females everywhere." Molly shouted as she grabbed my hands. At least she had a brain, but grief did do some damn things. "I'll talk to my friends. If they don't get it, then I'll tell them every day."

I softly chuckled. At least she made an attempt to apologize. "Then they're going to be really annoyed." I looked down at the bag she had in hand. "Is that an apology gift?"

"Yeah. I heard that you really liked stone fruits, so I brought them." Molly gently handed me the sack over. I lifted up and smiled.

"There's a lot. I can eat these for a while." I told her.