Chapter 23

I awoke to the ground shaking underneath us, and it wasn't exactly from earth tremors, naturally. I sat up, lowering the barrier. I wrapped the nightgown Curtis made me and walked out into the cave. I turned my head around, finding everyone unsure on how to handle the situation. I arched a brow before I walked outside of the cave and I found both of the Inu brothers fighting once again. I groaned, rubbing my temples.

      Inuyasha was dodging every hit Sesshomaru was throwing at him. Sesshomaru was beyond pissed, his eyes red, his claws glowing poison and then his fangs bared. He was actually trying to kill his brother. I tilted my head as I tried to figure out something. Suddenly I smelled a scent marking come from somewhere. I turned my head and followed the scent. It was an inu scent marking. I followed it until I was in front of Rin. She had Inuyasha's scent all over her but she was still pure.

      Now I understood why Sesshomaru was pissed. And now so was I. I turned from my little girl, a momma bear on the prowl. I could see my mates back away as I walked forward. My power was pushed out. My body morphed from human to canine in the matter of seconds. I dashed, faster than Sesshomaru and pinned Inuyasha down onto the ground. He gasped, the air being knocked from his lungs. I pushed down hard upon his body, make anger apparent.

       "EXPLAIN!" I hissed those words, venom lacing every bit of it. "Did you think we wouldn't notice?"

      "Kagome, you're crushing me." Inuyasha gasped as he tried to peel off my paw. My claws lengthen and dug into the earth, pinning him closer to the ground.

      "Explain, otherwise you can kiss junior goodbye." I hissed.

      "Sh...she...." He gasped. "She's my mate!" He yelled, startling me. I lifted some of the weight but not fully. My heart felt like it was stabbed repeatedly. He couldn't love me for years because of Kikyo and now he is mates with my daughter. I mentally screamed in agony before I sighed and removed my paw.

      "She is twelve Inuyasha. We won't let you court her until she is sixteen. That is the proper age in this world and I won't bend much on this matter. If I find anything amiss on Rin, you will be killed, understand?" I growled. "I may be more understanding than your brother. Right now, you are a threat to his baby girl. One wrong move and you will be killed. Heed my warning Inuyasha." I growled before I turned to leave.

       I ran far away and hid into another cave. I needed to be alone. I knew that I got over this but it still hurt. He was continously hurting me by going something that's close to me. First my incarnation, now my daughter. Anything that was something of me but not me. It just wasn't fair. I wanted those years of love back. I wanted all those moments of emotion back so they could properly go to the right person.

      I felt tears slowly run down my fur as I stared at the side of the cave. I didn't understand why I was still hung up over this. Suddenly I felt a tongue lap up my tears. I blinked in surprise before I came back to reality. I looked to the person who was licking away my tears, it happened to be Sesshomaru in his beast form as well. But what shocked me was that he could control his size now. I was in a cave and it couldn't fit him if he was in his natural form.

      When I realized it was him, I felt ashamed. My ears flattened against my head and I placed my head upon my paws. He came over to me, laying beside me and nuzzled me. I could feel his understanding but how? He told me that I was the first one he fell in love with and I happened to be his mate as well. I glanced at him a little unsure.

      "Mate, what is wrong?" He said in dog tongue.

      "I just want the love I gave him back. All those moments spent loving him, could have went to you or any of the others. I feel betrayed." I glanced to the ground.