The Root of Evil

Shoutout to lxvendermxllow for creating this adorable Rowena drawing. If any of you have fanart of Rowena, Rosalina, maybe even Calamity Rowena, feel free to send it to me. -Mal.

Sasha had us go outside of Wartwood to look for some new recruits for the resistance

Sasha had us go outside of Wartwood to look for some new recruits for the resistance. Hop Pop decided to take the fwagon in order to not attract any attention to King Andrias or even his army. Besides, we had Loggle and Rosalina join us. Other frogs were homeless and needed help. "Alright, guys. Listen up!" Anne announced. "We are here today to recruit volunteers to join the resistance." "Join us today and give Amphibia a fighting chance." Sprig added, passing out flyers. "Are there any perks?" One frog asked. "Besides saving your world?" I wondered. "Well..." "There sure are. And allow me to tell you all about them." Hop Pop interrupted. "Oh, frog, no." Rosalina sighed. "This plant was grown underground in our very own hydroponics-based resistance garden." Hop Pop continued. "Join us, and you, too, can take part in a horticultural revolution!" The homeless frogs started walking away. "Oh, no. We're losing them." Sprig said. "Anne, Rowena, code blue!" Polly warned. "Wait a second, everyone!" Anne exclaimed. "If you join today, you could eventually look like this." I pointed at Loggle, flexing his muscles. The frogs were eager to join the resistance now.

Back on the fwagon, Hop Pop was still bummed out, even though we did get more recruits. "Wowza. Almost half the caravan signed up." I said. "Here's to another successful recruitment." Anne, Sprig, and Polly cheered. "Baa." Hop Pop moaned. "What's wrong, Hop Pop?" Sprig asked. "Sometimes I feel like the only person who actually appreciates cultivating nature." Hop Pop replied. "I mean, farming is cool. "Super cool." We lied. "I just wish I could be surrounded by people who love what I love for a change. As we continued on the road, we noticed some fog in a place we didn't recognize. "Did we take a wrong turn somewhere?" Anne asked. "I have no idea where we even are." That's when the fwagon went downhill at record speeds. Everything went black after the fwagon went down a cliff.

I woke up to the sound of Hop Pop shouting. "I need coffee." I yawned. "Huh? Where are we?" Anne asked. "And why are we all wearing dresses?" Sprig added. "I think it's actually a nightgown." Rosalina corrected. "Also, on a unrelated note, I was so close to beating you in solitaire, Loggle." "Only because you cheated!" Loggle argued.

We went outside to see an unfamiliar place. Of course, it was surrounded by farm frogs. All of them came over to us. "What ho, friends. You're awake." One of the frogs greeted. "Name's Horace. Welcome to the hidden village of Gardenton." "Gardenton? That wasn't on any map." I said. "We don't like drawing attention to our little slice of paradise." Horace explains. "A place where every frog is a highly-skilled horticulturist. Our plants are treated with the love and respect they deserve." "I don't believe it. This place is full of frogs just like me!" Hop Pop gasped. "Oh, do I sense a fellow plantophile?" Horace asked. "Guess who has two green thumbs and loves the smell of fertilizer." Hop Pop replied. "This guy!" The garden frogs were easily impressed. "Clever." Horace said. "A village of horticulturalists? Now we're talking." Hop Pop smiled. "Let's recruit them. I'll take point." "I don't know, HP." Anne warned. "Does the resistance really need plant people?" "Yeah, the last village made catapults." Sprig recalled. "I don't exactly think horticult..." Polly explains. "I'm doing it." Hop Pop interrupted. "Horace, my friend, we've got a proposal, and, as head of this town, I think you're gonna want to hear it." "Oh, I'm afraid I'm not the head of this community." Horace explains. "Oh, well, can you take us to your leader?" Hop Pop asked. "But, of course." Horace replied. "Follow me to the greenhouse." "Anyone else feeling kinda scared right now?" Rosalina asked with a whisper. "Say, Horace, have you seen our snail or wagon?" I asked. "They've been stored safely." Horace replied. "Now, come along."