Sprivy

Sprig's POV

At last, I've been reunited with my one true love. Just not in the way I always dreamed. Ever since we returned, Ivy and I have practically been inseparable. However, we usually pass the time by taking a stroll through the tunnels. On one of our walks, we saw something amazing. "Ooh, a Corpse Maker Moth." I said in astonishment. "You're supposed to kiss when you see one, otherwise your crops will be cursed for 7 years. Just to be safe." I kissed Ivy quickly after. "Yeah. Crops are very important." Ivy chuckled as the moth started to charge at her, but not before both of us fought it off by fist and slingshot. Ah, the power of being a couple. "Nice shot." Ivy complimented as Sasha rang the bell for another mission. "Oh, sounds like the mission briefing bell." I said. "Come on!" Ivy exclaimed.

As we both got to our mission central, no spots were available together. "Ugh, there's no seats left together!" Ivy groaned. "Attention fellow freedom fighters! Will someone give up their seat for Sprivy, Wartwood's cutest couple?" I asked. "Not this again." Loggle groaned. "Young love is the worst." Mrs Croaker added. "No takers, eh?" Ivy wondered. "Well, guess we'll just stand in the back together." "As long as we're together." I added as Sasha, Anne, Rowena, and Grime came out to announce the plan. "Good morning, everyone." Sasha greeted. "Wait. Is it morning? It's hard to tell underground. Whatever. We got good news and bad news." "Good news is we've secured a major shipment of crucial supplies from a wealthy pro Wartwood elite." Grime explains. The town cheered. "But the bad news is, the only way to Wartwood is through the mountain pass." Anne continued. "And Andrias has it locked down, guarded by a giant laser cannon." The town booed Andrias. "Why does Grime always get to do the good news?" Rowena asked as Archie gave me some plans for the cannon. "The cannon is protected by a force field. If we can take that out, we can destroy the weapon." Sasha explains. "There's a robot battalion protecting both structures, but every hour, there's a 5 minute window where the robots change shifts. That's our chance to strike." "Wait, the robots change shifts?" Loggle asked. "Everyone deserves a break, Loggle." Mrs Croaker replied. "I'm bringing two teams of 2, one for the shield generator, one to take out the cannon before the 5 minutes are up. Stumpy, Fern, Ivy, and Sprig, follow me. "Of course they want the two of us." I said. "Yeah. After all, we're perfectly in sync." Ivy said, giving me a high five.

"Okay, so the teams are Sprig with Stumpy, and Ivy with Fern." Sasha explains before we left. Ivy and I were left in shock. "Uh, Sasha, shouldn't me and Ivy be partners?" I asked. "He means because we're dating." Ivy added. "Listen, Twerp and Twerpette, you're not here to pass notes and play footsie. You're here to do a job. These pairings are super important to the mission." Sasha replied. "What will I do without you?!" I cried to Ivy. "I'll miss you every second." Ivy whined. "Good Lord!" Sasha groaned.

On the way, Ivy and I needed to find a way to stay together, without Sasha knowing of course. "I can't believe we have to split up." Ivy said. "This is the worst thing that's happened to anyone." "There's gotta be a way to switch, as long as Sasha doesn't find out." I wondered as Sasha pulled up just above the cannon. "Alright , there's our target. And the supplier is just on the other side of that pass. I'll keep watch up here and signal him when the cannon's down." Sasha explains, showing one of the cheer routines that Anne and Rowena have told me about. "Sorry. Cheerleading muscle memory. Here's a watch for each of you. The shift change is about to start. Follow my plan exactly and it should just be enough. Okay, team. Move out!"

After we got down the hill, I pulled out a piece of paper with a fake note from Sasha, even though I had no idea what Sasha's handwriting looked like. Since she was out of my sight, our plan was going smoothly. "Oh, hey, guys. Sasha gave me this note. Something about switching up the teams." I lied. "That sounds important, Sprig." Ivy said. "Let us read it together." "Dear Nerds, I, Sasha, order you to switch partners. Sprig should be with Ivy since they're dating." Stumpy read. "Hmm, well, it certainly sounds legit." Fern said. "Let's switch it up, then. Sasha's a tactical wizard." Stumpy replied. "Mocking about with her decisions could have devastating consequences." I grabbed Ivy's hand and we both smiled as we parted ways with Stumpy and Fern.

Ivy and I arrived just as King Andrias' robots started the shift change. We hopped over the fence and avoided the cameras. "Now all we gotta do is wait for that force field to come down." I said.

After a few minutes, we needed to check on the shield. "Hmm, think the shields down yet?" Ivy asked. "Let's check." I replied, trying to touch the cannon, but I ended up getting electrocuted. "Ouch." "Huh, it's still up." Ivy said. "Well, we can't expect Fern and Stumpy to work as good together as we do." "Good call." I complimented, still feeling electricity pass through my body. "Let's give them a little extra time." "You want to work on our couples dance routine?" Ivy asked. "Which one?" I questioned flirtatiously.

After dancing for a little bit, we needed to check the shield again. "Nailed it!" Ivy cheered. "Okay, only two minutes left." I warned. "Let's try this one more time." I tried to touch the cannon again, but I got electrocuted again. "It hurts so much." I groaned. "You thinking what I'm thinking?" Ivy asked. "Try the shield again?" I asked. "No. Stumpy and Fern are in trouble. Come on!" Ivy exclaimed as we ran to find Stumpy and Fern.

When Ivy and I made it to their location, both Fern and Stumpy were knocked to the ground. "Fern, Stumpy, what happened?" I asked. "Sprig." Ivy warned. "I think it might be an..." "Ambush!" Stumpy shouted as a giant metallic claw grabbed him and Fern from underground. "This was not in the mission briefing!" "Holy crab!" Fern screamed as the crab knocked us all down. "Only one minute left til this mission's a bust." "We're done for!" Stumpy cried. "Look! That's where the generator is getting it's power." Ivy pointed out. "Fern, if I could keep that thing busy, can you clip those wires and shut it down?" "Gladly." Fern replied. "Sprig, take Stumpy to the cannon. Me and Fern will get the shield down." Ivy instructed. "Right. Let's go, Stumpy." I said. "And Ivy, I'll miss you so much!" "I'll count every second til we're back together, and not just because I have to for the mission!" Ivy cried. "Oh, for Pete's sake, we're going." Stumpy groaned, taking me away from the love of my life. "No, Ivy! I miss you already!" I cried.

While Ivy and Fern fought off the crab, I used my slingshot to block the camera lenses with moss. "Okay, let's see if these shields are still up." Stumpy said, about to check the cannon. "I wouldn't recommend that!" I warned. Stumpy touched his spatula against the shield, leaving him unharmed. "Oh, yeah. Your spatula hand is made out of bones. That doesn't conduct electricity. So that's why Sasha picked you." "Come on, girls, come on." Stumpy said to himself as the shield was disabled. "It's down!" Stumpy cheered. "Go time!" I added as Stumpy planted Boom Shrooms on the generator as the next shift of robots were starting to fly in. "The new shift!" Stumpy gasped. "We're too late!" "You did your job, Stumpy. And let me do mine." I said, shooting mud at the robots with my slingshot. "That should do it." Stumpy replied, activating the Boom Shrooms and getting us both to safety. "Let's get outta here, kid."

We all met back up with Sasha immediately to go back to base. "Nice work, guys." Sasha complimented. "Looks like the mission was a success." "Actually, Sasha..." I confessed. "You and Ivy ignored my orders and almost beefed the entire mission because you couldn't spend 5 minutes apart?!" Sasha interrupted. "That's surprisingly accurate." I replied. "I separated you two because I needed two of our best commandos protecting two of our best specialists so they could do their jobs." Sasha explains. "But, you still managed to pull off the mission, so I'm only sort of furious." "Hey, Sprig. I really like where our relationship is headed." Ivy said. "But..." "Maybe we shouldn't let it dictate every decision we make in our lives?" I suggested. "Yup." "Wait, you guys are dating?" Fern asked. "And I'm glad y'all learned your lessons and we ain't dead." Stumpy added. All of a sudden, those supplies arrived next to us, courtesy of Wigbert Ribbiton, Wally's father. "Cheerio, my good frogs." He greeted. "The Ribbiton Estate is here to pledge its full support for your rebellion." "Thanks, Wigbert." Sasha thanked. "Your supplies are really going to make a difference." "What the?" Ivy asked, examining Wigbert. "Uh, guys, does this guy look like Wally to anyone?"