The Hardest Thing

So, Amphibia is about to be crushed by the moon. That's not traumatizing at all. That was sarcasm. It's totally traumatizing. "Oh crud." Anne said. Everyone was freaking out about the moon. "It seems the core has activated its final gambit." King Andrias explains. "It's what?!" Hop Pop asked. "When our civilization was at its peak, the moon became home to some of the core's projects." King Andrias replied. "Among them, a plan to eradicate all life as we know it, by ramming the moon into Amphibia's surface." "Excuse me?! Why?!" I shouted. "You know, out of everything I've considered frog abuse, this takes the cake." "Fear." Marcy explains. "I've been in that thing's head. I know that more than anything, it's afraid of being destroyed. Of being irrelevant. It will do whatever it takes to defeat us and claim the stones as it's own. If that means destroying an entire civilization, then so be it." "So what you're saying is, this thing's a giant sore loser?!" Sasha complained. "More or less." King Andrias replied. "We have to do something! Anyone have any ideas on how to stop an entire moon?!" Sprig asked. All of a sudden, the ground began shaking rapidly. "An earthquake?" Polly wondered. "Don't we have enough going on?!" That's when Mother Olm popped out from underground. "Mother Olm?" Anne, Sasha, and I wondered. "Who is this now?" Marcy asked. "So, how did it go?" She asked. "Well, we stopped the invasion, but, now, it looks like the moon is about to kill us all, so, mixed bag." Sprig explains. "I see, and the prophecy has finally come to pass." Mother Olm said. "Sasha mentioned this!" Marcy gasped. "What did it say? What did it say?" "It said that the four of us would save the world." Anne replied. "So, let's go save the world!" I exclaimed. "Yeah!" The girls cheered. "Well, just a minute." Mother Olm said. "Though the prophecy doesn't necessarily say you'll succeed." "What?" We asked. "You see, the prophecy isn't so much a prediction as it is a humble request for help." Mother Olm explains. "And know this, you have to tap into the energy that remains in the stones in order to get the energy you need. However, if you do that..." "There might not be enough energy left for us to get home." Anne sighed. "We could be stuck in Amphibia forever." Sasha said. I frowned once I remembered that Rosalina was taken to the hospital after the invasion was stopped. I might never see her, Dad, or anyone ever again. But I couldn't leave Amphibia to be destroyed. "Yeah, so, now that all the cards are on the table, what will you do?" Mother Olm asked. "The choice is yours." "You call that a choice?" Sasha asked. "Of course we'll help!" Marcy replied. "There's no way we'd leave you hanging in your hour of need." Anne explains. "We won't let the core destroy our second home." I added. "Now, let's get powered up." Anne said. "Ladies, to the music box!" As everyone ran into the castle, Mother Olm stopped us both for a minute. "Girls, one more thing. The stones are strong, but they may not be enough to defeat the core." Mother Olm explains. "If things look bad out there, don't forget about the secret spell." "The secret what now?" Anne asked. "Didn't I tell you about that?" She wondered. "No, I'm afraid you left all of that out." I replied. "Well, the stones are rumored to hold a hidden power, enough to defeat any foe." Mother Olm explains. "But summoning such power comes at a price, the life of the user." "So, whoever uses the spell and calls upon the power of all three stones, will die?" Anne asked. "Yeah, but hopefully it will never come to that, am I right? Okay, good luck up there." Mother Olm said. "Wait! The spell. How do we use it?" I asked. "My child, all you have only but to ask." She replied.

Anne and I headed to the castle to give Marcy and Sasha their powers back. "Hey guys, sorry for the holdup, guys." Anne apologized. "No way! Valeriana?!" I gasped. "She was waiting for us when we got here!" Marcy squealed. "Pretty creepy if you ask me." Sasha added. "Hello Anne and Rowena." Valeriana greeted. "Are you ready for your final battle?" "Oh, heck yeah!" I exclaimed. "Good. Now, the four of you close your eyes. Focus. Think of your memories of Amphibia, of how much this world means to you." Valeriana said. Since Anne and I were both linked to the blue stone, I grabbed her hand. "This will allow the stones to resonate with your hearts once again." She said, making our powers stronger and returning them to Marcy and Sasha. "Warriors of Amphibia, arise!" I looked at the girls dressed up in gold armor with touches of green on Marcy and pink on Sasha. "Swanky duds." Anne said. I took a picture of the girls in their calamity form. Sasha suddenly took off the roof of the castle with her powers. "Anne! Rowena! You could do that this whole time?!" Sasha asked. "Uh, nope. These powers feel way more intense than before." Anne explains. "The powers must stack when used in tandem." Marcy explains. "Classic synergy buff." "Okay then, let's go punch that moon in its big, ugly face!" I shouted.