Chapter 16

Bridget was excited as she made her way through the Stadium in Wydon. It was time to see which trainer was going to take part in the Championship Cup. They would be competing against the gym leaders and Leon the current Champion. Challengers rarely got far in the Championship Cup but if they made a good showing they would get sponsorships to be gym trainers and possibly be gym leaders themselves. She met up with Allister and his mum in the VIP skybox in the stadium. All the Gym leaders, Champions and other important people got to be in the skybox.

"Allister! Look at all the food they have here now. Chairman Rose added more to the menu!" said Bridget excitedly. She had three bags filled with different food in her hands. She passed one to Allister and the other to his mum. She started munching on candy floss that was shaped like a slurpuff while Allister ate some biscuits.

"There are a lot of strong trainers this year," said Allister.

"It's sad that Bea couldn't be here with her having a karate tournament at the same time as the Championship Cup", replied Bridget.

Allister nodded as he had promised Bea that he would try his best to win for Stow-on-the Side.

"We can't wait to cheer you on, love," said his mum.

They all watched as the trainers assembled for the opening ceremony. The gym leaders near her were making bets on which trainer would be the winner. There were so many talented trainers including the two trainers endorsed by Leon and Marnie, who she recognized as Piers' sister.

Bridget wondered when her Aunt Opal's protegee would make an appearance at the stadium. She helped smuggle him in with her auntie so she couldn't wait to see what mischief he would make.

It was being kept hushed that her auntie found someone to take over her gym. Bridget didn't like Bede at first since he was rude to her before and caused problems at Allister's hometown. Since he has been training with her auntie, she found that he wasn't too bad. She called him big brother once to see what would happen and his blush and sputtering was very funny. He never said she couldn't do it again so she would say again soon to see what he would do. What really won him over to her was that he got the eevee that was given to him to evolve into a sylveon.

Allister and his mum were the only ones outside of Bellonea that knew that he would be taking over the gym.

The children watched the matches with rapt attention. Bridget really wanted either Gloria or Marnie to win.

"Piers! Piers! Marnie is about to do her first battle!" Bridget called out to Piers. The Dark type gym leader sat next to Bridget to watch the match. "I can't decide who to vote for! I like Gloria and Marnie and I want them both to win!" she said out loud.

"Marnie is going to win hands down," said Piers.

"....Is... is it true that Marnie has a grimmsnarl now?"asked Allister quietly.

"You just have to wait and see," replied the older gym leader.

They watched the battle in awe. Both girls were skilled but it was clear that Gloria had an edge in the battle. Unlike Marnie with her dark types, Gloria didn't just have one type of pokemon.

Marnie sent out her last pokemon to battle Gloria.

"Grimmsnarl!" said Allister and Bridget.

When Marnie giangantamaxed her grimmsnarl, Bridget cheered and waved to the pokemon.

"You know he can't see you waving to him," said Piers.

"You have to be polite to the fair folk. They don't like rude people," replied Bridget.

Piers raised his hands in defense since he was not about to argue about fairy types with Opal's great niece. The last thing he needed was to get the older woman mad at him. Opal was very scary when she was mad.

They all watched as Gloria sent out her coviknight to battle the grimmsnarl. Marnie's grimmsnarl was unfortunately unable to defeat the metal bird.

Piers got up to go see his sister. Bridget asked to come along because she wanted to say hi to her. Allister tagged along since he wanted to see Marnie's morpeko.

Marnie looked dejected when they found her. Piers opened his hands for a hug which she accepted. She started blushing when she realized she had an audience.

"Hi! Your battle was ace and I wanted to let you know that," said Bridget, '' I also wanted to make sure your pokemon are okay."

Marnie smiled and thanked her. "I have to take them to the pokemon center to be healed," she replied.

"I can do that for you," said Bridget. Marnie looked at her suspiciously since it sounded like Bridget wanted to take her pokemon.

"...Bridget ...can heal your pokemon for you," said Allister quietly.

Piers and Marnie thought this meant that she carried a lot of revives and potions.

Marnie sent out her morpeko so Bridget could help him. The little pokemon was sitting down and looked exhausted. Bridget sat down and started cooing at the pokemon and picked him up to put on lap. As she started petting the pokemon she started glowing and healed the little pokemon.

Morpeko ran up to Marnie and jumped into her arms.The two siblings looked at Bridget with shock.

"How did you do that?" asked Piers.

"I've always been able to heal others. It's not that strange; look at how many people are psychic in this region," replied Bridget, "I heal Allister's pokemon all the time."

Bridget made grabby hands to heal Marnie's other pokemon. Marnie let Bridget heal them one by one. No matter the size she would cuddle and cooed at the pokemon.

"Thank you for helping my pokemon. I didn't know anyone was capable of doing that," said Marnie.

"Sh--she always been able to. She heals me too when I get into scrapes with some of my classmates," said Allister.

"Classmates? I think you mean bloody wankers," replied Bridget.

The siblings watched as Allister chided Bridget for her language while Bridget kept saying that she only speaks the truth. After their brief spat, Bridget invited Marnie to watch the rest of the battles in the VIP section with them.

As soon as Marnie agreed, Bridget shouted, "Last one there has to buy everyone candy," she quickly grabbed Allister's hand and started running.

"Should we go after them," questioned Marnie.

"Go ahead Marnie. I'm going to buy some candy for everyone," said Piers.

Marnie smiled and hugged her brother and went after Bridget and Allister.

"You were super slow despite being so tall," said Bridget when she saw Piers.

Piers held up the bags of candy that he bought and passed to the younger children.

Bridget and Allister thanked Piers and added the candy to their pile.

Everyone quieted when the next match was announced. "Leon! Your brother is battling next!" said Bridget. Leon was sitting a couple of seats down and he gave the young girl a thumbs up to show that he heard her.

"You can do it, Hop!" she yelled from her seat.

Everyone watched as the battle started with a bang. Hop was able to knock out his opponent's first pokemon with one hit.

"Hop is going to win this match. His opponent's pokemon are not tough enough to beat him," said Bridget as she looked up the competitors' stats.

"I guess we know who you are voting for in this match, Bridget," said Alice.

Just as Bridget predicted Hop easily won his match.

Allister and the other gym leaders didn't stay to watch the match between Gloria and Hop because they needed to get ready for their own matches.

Bridget left Coco to watch her seat and tell her about the match. She had someone to sneak into the stadium. Things should take an interesting turn now.

AN: Sorry for the long delay. Going through some medical issues but I should be able to post more often now.