Chapter 19

The security guard woke them up in time for Allister's next match. Bridget asked who had won the previous matches while they were sleeping, and the guard was kind enough to answer her.

"Allister, it looks like you are facing Gloria. She doesn't specialize in any type, so be on your guard," said Bridget.

Allister nodded, took a deep breath, and returned his pokemon to their balls. His mimikyu, AJ, didn't go back in the ball and danced near Bridget.

"Did you want to cheer on Allister with me?"

"Kyu kyu!"

Bridget hugged Allister one more time and took AJ with her to cheer him on for the match.

The young girl went back to her seat in the VIP section with AJ and the rest of her pokemon. Cinnamon the eevee handed her little flag for AJ to wave around.

"Has anyone seen my vuvuzela," questioned Bridget.

Bede lied and said he didn't. He had hidden it when Bridget had gone to heal Allister's pokemon. He couldn't stand the instrument. Much to his annoyance, Bridget went through her bag and produced a kazoo.

"Go, Allister," yelled Bridget as she started to blow her kazoo. All the pokemon started to hop around and wave their little flags.

Allister took a deep breath as he went to his side of the field. He recognized Gloria as his toughest gym challenger. He was sure this battle was going to be tough, but he was looking forward to it. Gloria had a way of battling that made him not so nervous about being in an arena filled with people.

He sent out Grimm the dusknoir to fight against Gloria's thievul. He remembered that pokemon from their first battle. It had taken down the majority of his team.

"Go, Grimm, use Thunder Punch!"

Allister hoped that he could paralyze the thievul since it was a major obstacle to his team.

The attack connected, and the fox was paralyzed. Grimm started to chip away the other Pokemon's hit points, but then the fox was able to break out of its paralysis.

A well-placed foul play knocked out poor Grimm.

The battle raged on, and Allister was able to knock out the thievul and Gloria's Gyarados.

The ghost prodigy was on his last pokemon, his gengar, Cheshire.

"Gengar... Gigantamax... Swallow everything in darkness..."

Gloria had dynamax her Rillaboom, and the ape took damage from the max ooze that Cheshire unleashed.

Gloria's pokemon recovered from the hit and used max darkness to hit Cheshire. The ghost barely survived the attack and fired off a g-max terror on the ape.

Rillaboom fired off one more max darkness and made Cheshire faint.

Allister had mixed feelings about his loss. He loved battling strong trainers, but he didn't like his pokemon losing.

"Crumbs... that was ace. G-give it your best out there. I'm mad about strong Trainers..." said Allister as he shook Gloria's hand after the battle.

Allister barely made it into the VIP section before he was jumped by Bridget.

She was still decked out in his gym memorabilia and was talking a mile a minute about his match. If it was anyone else doing this, then he would have panicked, but he was used to Bridget.

She then held out her hands for his pokemon to heal them.

Allister's mum knelt and hugged him, "Good job, my love. It was a brilliant battle," she said.

Thanks, mum, I'm glad I got as far as I did for the tournament," said Allister.

The young boy watched as his best friend healed his pokemon and started petting them.

He wished more people would be like his mum and Bridget. They weren't afraid of ghosts and treated them like any other pokemon. Bea tries her best, but she is afraid of ghosts. She still respects the pokemon even though she fears them.

They watched the other battles, but Bridget wasn't as excited now that Allister was eliminated.

When Piers lost to Raihan, Bridget offered to heal his pokemon. She wanted to pet them since some of them were so fluffy or had weird textures. Even though he had watched her heal his sister's pokemon, Piers was still amazed by Bridget's ability.

"Fluffy baby," she whispered to his Obstagoon as she healed the pokemon. The dark type purred as she petted and cooed him.

Piers laughed at the display since the girl was so much smaller than his pokemon. His pokemon loved getting petted by her. People tend to be distrustful or scared of dark types so his pokemon loved to soak up as much affection as they can.

"I don't know who to cheer for in the next match. Raihan is always nice to us but he and Leon almost always fight in the finals," said Bridget.

"...I want Gloria to win..." said Allister.

Everyone watched as Gloria and Raihan battled it out in the semifinals. As they were battling, Bridget invited Allister to come to the Isle of Armour with her family. Her mum was friends with the wife of the owner of the island. Her mother offers her services to the residents at the dojo since there were no doctors there.

Like her Auntie Opal, Mustard the dojo owner always had fun stories to tell and he had a son around their age.

Allister looked at his mum for permission to go to the Isle of Armour. She was okay with him wandering close by to Stow-on-the Side and Bellonea but preferred to have someone older accompanying him outside of that. Alice nodded which caused Bridget to squeal and excitedly tell him about the island.

"Oh! Raihan is on his last pokemon. That's rare outside of his battles with Leon," noted Bridget, "Has anyone seen Chairman Rose? He always mc the finals and it's almost time."

Everyone replied with negatives. Just then Raihan's last pokemon fainted and the crowd went wild. It had been a long time since a challenger made it to the finals.

"Go Leon," shouted Bridget.

Just as the two trainers got ready, a loud rumble was heard. Glowing energy shot up into the sky and Chairman Rose appeared on the big screen.

Bridget had no idea what Chairman Rose was saying but the energy pouring out was making her sick.

The gym leaders jumped into action and went to evacuate the arena. Allister went to help but Bridget passed out.

"Bridget!"

Allister called out Grimm to grab Bridget. The older gym leaders told Allister to take his mum and Bridget to safety.

Allister was scared because he didn't know what was happening. He wouldn't let his fear overwhelm him though. He would protect his mum and his best friend with everything he had.