Chapter 9

Shopping with Raihan was an adventure. He was very tall so they never had to worry about losing him. The selfie fiend had no issue with random fans asking for photos and hugs so that slowed them down a bit. Allister was disguised again because he didn't want anyone to recognize him while he was shopping with his friends.

Raihan bought an everstone collar and a giant book about feline pokemon for Bridget. He also got Allister a book of ghost stories that he didn't own yet and Bea a novel that she was eyeing.

"Raihan, it's one thing treating the kids but you don't have to pay for anything for me," said Bea when Raihan took them to a candy store.
The younger kids were going through the store and filling their baskets full of candy.

"You're still a kid too. Besides I would do anything for this family."

Bea huffed at being called a kid but decided not to say anything. The younger kids came back with baskets full of candy. They were holding hands since more people had come into the store and Allister got nervous. Bea sighed when she saw all the candy.

"Put that all back. You can have one thing each," said Bea.

"Crumbs," said the two kids in unison.

Raihan laughed and grabbed both baskets. He proceeded to walk to the checkout area.

"Raihan!"

Raihan came back after paying for the candy to a glaring Bea, a bouncing Bridget, and a fidgeting Allister.

"Alright, choose one thing now and the rest will be at my house for you the next time you visit," said Raihan.

Bridget grabbed her giant dark chocolate bar while Allister grabbed his berry chews and a bag of chocolate. Bea was about to reprimand him but he handed the chocolate to Bea mumbling about how it was her favorite brand. Bea thanked him for thinking of her.

They went back to Raihan's house to grab their things and the dragon user hailed a taxi for them to get home. Once they were safely back at Stow-on-Side, Bea walked them to Allister's house.

"Thanks, Bea. We had a lot of fun," said Bridget with Allister nodding along with her statement.

The duo went inside Allister's house to greet his mum. "Mum, I'm home. Bridget is with me."

"I'm in my workshop, love."
The two kids went into the workshop to see Allister's mum working with clay. She was making detailed figures of Allister's and Bea's pokemon.

"Those look ace, mum!"
"I'm glad you like em. The league gave me the commission to make Stow-on-Side statues," she showed them some of her completed works that included Allister and Bea in their battle poses.

"The tourists will love those. They look so lifelike," exclaimed Bridget.

Allister's mom moved the pieces she just finished into the kiln.

"Lizzie, would you be dear and light the kiln for me."

A salazzle got up from her resting place and blew fire to start up the kiln. She beamed with pride when she got complimented for doing such a good job.

"Let me get cleaned up and we can make lunch together. "

They made egg salad sandwiches while they talked about the new challengers this season and how much fun they had camping with Bea.

"I know you are planning to go see your father tonight, Allister. Make sure you take a kip so you can be well rested."

"I will, mum."

Both of the kids started to read the books they got and then took a quick kip when they got tired.

Dinner was spaghetti which they ate quickly so they could go to their destination. They received flowers from Allister's mum for his father. She told them to be safe and make sure their pokemon stayed near them.

The great thing about living in a relatively small town was the fact the stars were easily seen. The graveyard was quiet but that changed as soon as Allister stepped inside. Ghost pokemon came out to greet the little boy.

Bridget giggled when the excited pokemon came out, "Your friends missed you. Let's go everyone, we have flowers to deliver."

The Pokemon cheered and followed the kids to a particular grave. It was one that Allister frequently visited. It was big enough for him to sit on and he often refreshed the flowers. He vaguely remembered his father. He died in the accident that gave Allister his ability to talk to ghosts when he was four.

Bridget sang a song about the stars. The spirits liked when she accompanied Allister. She never figured out why people were afraid of ghost pokemon. They were pranksters like the fair folk near her home. She sang and danced for the spirits as Allister clapped along.

Bridget stopped singing when she heard footsteps approaching. She motioned to Allister to hide while she picked up a branch.

As soon as she heard the intruders screaming from the ghost protecting Allister, she jumped from her hiding spot brandishing her branch.

"Ahh, don't hurt us."

"We just wanted to see Allister."

The two boys held their hands up in surrender.

"I'm not going to let some craze fans bother Allister," she replied. Her hair was floating up and an angry aura surrounded her body.

Allister peaked out from his hiding place and recognized one of the boys.

"...It's.. It's okay I know them. That's Tommy, the boy I told you about."

Bridget dropped the branch and apologized for scaring the boys.

"I was told so much about you. My name is Bridget and Allister is my best mate."

Johnny told everyone that he was gifted tickets to Leon's championship match and that he would get to meet him that day and get an autograph.

"Leon is ace. He knows so much about Pokemon and he super down to earth. Sometimes he lets me ride on Charizard," gabbed Bridget happily.

Tommy and Johnny couldn't believe this was the same girl who was about to beat them up with a tree branch.

Allister quietly asked if they would like to stay to hear Bridget sing. Both boys nodded and that's how the four of them spent the night in the graveyard.