Chapter 5

Trigger warning for panic attacks. I am not an expert on panic attacks and based it off my experience with them. I apologize if I offend anyone.

Allister woke up to the sound of his alarm. He surprisingly beat his best friend today. She was sleeping next to him with Coco snuggled on her chest. The incubator was on the nightstand next to her. Today was the opening ceremony and Allister was getting anxious just thinking about it. He loved battling but hated having so many people watching him. So many people watching and judging him... His stomach felt like it was twisted in a knot and he felt like he couldn't breathe. Not again he thought to himself.

"Brig-" he gasped. Bridget woke with a start and ran over to Allister. "Take deep breaths. Do you need your mask?" The little boy shook his head. Coco jumped from Bridget's shoulder and tapped on the pokeballs containing Mimikyu and Gengar. The pokemon came out and comforted their little trainer.

"Focus on me. Inhale, hold it and now exhale. Good. Do it again."

Allister did as he was told and focused on his best mate. He focused on her big green eyes that shone with concern, her knee-length black hair with purple and blue bangs that hugged her face, and her sweet smile that always made him feel better.

They held hands for the breathing exercises and when his breathing was under control, he hugged her. "It's okay Allie, I'm here." She said as she hugged him back while his pokemon rubbed his back. They stayed like that for a while. "I'm sorry," whispered Allister. "You have nothing to be sorry about," she replied as she checked the time.

"Crumbs! We only have ten minutes until the start of the ceremony!"

She rummaged through their bags and threw a black hoodie, a shirt that said Boo, and some shorts to Allister. She quickly slipped into her shoes since her nightgown could count as a dress. The Gengar put a dress some shorts and Allister's uniform in a duffle and handed it to his trainer. Mimikyu grabbed the incubator and jumped into Allister's arms while Coco jumped into Bridget's arms.

"Coco, AJ, hold on tight because we are roof hopping to get to the stadium," the Alcremie and Mimikyu nodded and held on tight, "Cheshire, you know what to do!" The Gengar opened the window and the children jumped out and landed on the roof of the building next door.

They ran across the roof and jumped to the next one. Cheshire was following to make sure everyone was safe. It was easy for the children to run and jump on the buildings because they ran and climbed in the forest and ruins near their homes.

When they got near the stadium, Chesire used his ghostly powers to lower the kids to the ground. They weaved through the crowd and went through the employee's entrance. They ran until they made it into the locker room and collapsed on the bench.

Coco passed Allister his mask while Bridget threw his uniform to him. They worked quickly together and both of them were dressed just in time for Bea and Melody to check on them.

"There you two are. I feared the worst when you weren't here earlier, said Melody, she looked over them and asked, "Did you two eat?"

They shook they heads and Melody did the mom tsked and promised to stuff them later.

Bea handed them protein bar after Melody left. "Are you two okay? It's not like you to cut it so close," questioned Bea.

Allister held AJ to his chest, "Its my fault... had an attack."

Bea was one of the few people who knew about Allister's panic attacks so she knew how bad they could get. She felt guilty for not checking up on him earlier. She hugged him and was about to say something when a worker told them they would be doing to introductions soon. They went to the area were all the leaders were at the request of the worker.

AJ jumped to Bridget's left shoulder while Coco was on her right she held her incubator in her arms.

"Allie, Cheshire is going to hide in your shadow in case you get nervous. Now go be spooky," whispered Bridget

He nodded and hunched over. His arms were swaying and he looked possessed. "That's perfect! Break a leg everyone," she yelled when they started to leave for their introductions. She ran into the next room over where friends and family could watch everything on a giant screen.