CHAPTER 12 - ARC 4: CITY OF SILVER

Carried by a strong wind, the Warriors of Light sailed back into the west through the Aldean Sea

Carried by a strong wind, the Warriors of Light sailed back into the west through the Aldean Sea. Once again however, in order to reach the greater ocean, they needed passage through the Dwarven channel. With the monsters gone and the evil defeated in this corner of the world, the heroes hoped it would be much simpler this time. It almost was. However, in light of recent events, King Torq first demanded an audience with the heroes. The channel was blocked, the ship of heroes was stopped, and the four Warriors of Light were brought once more into the depths of the mountain caverns.

"I made an err in judgement when last we met," King Torq bowed. "And I see it has cost you greatly. You have my sincerest apologies, and I'd like to repay my mistake."

King Torq raised a hand and a troop of Dwarves entered, each carrying a tray with clothes and armor designed specifically for them. "Though our last meeting was brief, and admittedly dealt with poorly, I had some effects prepared in case you returned victorious. Though I do not blame you for not coming back before, it is my own fault for denying to help when you needed it most."

"You did what you thought was best for your people," Conner said halfheartedly. They could tell he was trying to be honest, but it was obvious he was still wounded by the death of Bruce. "I can't fault you for that. I didn't handle it well either, so there's plenty of blame to go around."

"Then I hope this can begin to make things right," King Torq smiled. "Dwarven armor is magical, imbued with a sort of unnatural defense. I can't offer you much, but I at least hope that wherever your journey takes you, you are well defended."

"Thank you," Emily bowed. "This will help greatly." She held up her robes. They were still the white with red trim that was the custom of White Magics, but it was far more intricate. The weave shimmered slightly in its own light, and thin sheets of metal were placed in strips over her upper abdomen and upper arms. Altogether it was also quite light.

For Ben, a bronze colored tunic that shimmered similar to Emily's robes. For him the armor was in the gauntlets and boots, with belts across the body designed to carry any sort of weapon he saw fit.

For Ava, a long blue dress, dark as a starry night. As well a hat with matching gloves that caught the light and reflected like gold, magic coursing through the fabric.

Finally, Conner received a new full suit of armor. The blue metal plating was thin but sturdy and lined with gold, and it protected almost his whole body. It also came with a helmet that had two long horns and a plume of silver hair. The only thing it had in common to his old uniform was its lack of sleeves for quick movement with a blade.

With this new protective gear equipped, the heroes thanked the Dwarven King and continued their journey to the west.

That was nearly a week ago.

Now, as they approached the storm cloaked waters of the eastern world, having circled the globe, they found a terrible enemy waiting for them. A great, towering, sea serpent. It was between them and the docks, and even then they could see the hordes of new monsters standing on the shore. Prepared to fight, the heroes headed straight into danger once again.