CHAPTER 21- ARC 8: A HAPPY ENDING

On the back of Bahamut, the four Warriors of Light flew over the world they saved

In the northeast, the winds had died down and sandstorms no longer buried the land. Eden had settled safely, and water had also returned to the desert. It was enough that Dr. Unne, his brother, and Alestria, traveled by way of Bahamut's dragon emissaries to see the great ancient city with their own eyes, and Alestria had a climate she could survive in. They were excited to see the strange robots that cared for the city, and were able to piece together from what they learned there that a race called the Lufenians might still be out there somewhere, waiting to return home.

In the northwest, the waters had lowered and calmed. The civilians of Onrac no longer feared the world beyond their weakening border, and someday hoped to move on from the paranoia that had them fire on any that attempted to cross it. Parts of their sunken city were even retrievable, and for the first time in generations they were able to walk the streets their ancestors called home. They had defended it for so long, most of them had forgotten what they were defending. Seeing it in all it's glory... it was well worth the wait.

The vast oceans that used to churn with whirlpools that sunk the largest of ships, oceans that used to house the most fearsome of sea monsters, had stilled. Clear blue ocean beneath clear blue skies. On the shores of some of the southern continents there were even military ships from the kingdoms that had prepared help for the north once light had been restored. Now they set out, hoping to aid those civilizations that had been ravaged by the Fiends for two hundred years. Soon there would be connections that would bridge the ancient gap between the two halves of the world.

In the southeast, the blistering heat had subsided, and Crescent Lake and Pravoka held celebrations for their heroes. Conner felt it was a bit hypocritical, given that they only considered Emily a hero after they let her die, and while he knew it had only been the oppressive force of the darkness that had made the people of the world weak, it was still the one thing he couldn't forgive the people of the world for. The only thing convincing him to stow his blame was that now the White Mages had dropped the barriers around Crescent Lake and had traveled to Pravoka and Elfheim to assist in rebuilding. Meanwhile, King Elrite had commissioned soldiers to go retrieve more Levistone so that he could send airships to wherever in the world they were needed. It wouldn't bring Emily back, but, it was a step in the right direction.

The heroes did visit Emily's grave as well. There, now that it's duty was done, they lay the Wind Gem to rest by her headstone. It was what brought her into this cruel mission, putting her in the line of fire, but they hoped that now the job was done, it would grant her peace.

In the southwest, Mt. Duergar had opened the gates between the mountains, and ships from them and Cornelia sailed to the aid of Melmond. The Dwarven King Torq apologized once again for his lack of assistance when the time called for it, and now that his people could stand on the surface like their ancestors, they would make the most of it. They would guard the western channel and ensure a solid connection between not just them and the other races, but all peoples of this world. He understood it would take every last able bodied person to put things back together, and every one of his knights, troops, workers, and civilians were ready to help in any way possible. In their honor, the Dwarves begun construction of monuments to the five heroes they had let down, and seeing Luminia having joined them, they began construction on the sixth hero straight away.