CHAPTER 23- ARC 9: THE CYCLE BEGINS

Coneria Town was once called the Dream City

Coneria Town was once called the Dream City. That was before the darkness and the rot began spreading upon the Earth. In those golden days four orbs of power controlled the four elements of Win, Fire, Water and Earth, but then the light drained from the orbs and the balance was destroyed. As shadows lengthened and the ground shook with tremors, Lukahn the Prophet announced that four heroes would appear in time to grapple with this new evil. The Light Warriors he named them, and then be departed to join the Circle of Sages at Crescent Lake.

In the Kingdom of Coneria, as in all the free world spread from day to day. Nightmarish creatures now roamed the forests and cities lay in ruins. The Dark Age had come at last, and leading the forces of shadow was a knight named Garland. It was he who had crippled the four orbs, and it was he, too, that kidnapped Princess Sara of Coneria. Only the coming of the Light Warriors could save them.

Having seen the King and Queen, the heroes' quest was clear. The Light Warriors must somehow rescue Princess Sara from Garland. In Coneria the Light Warriors prepare for their quest by purchasing weapons, armor and magic in the town shops. There, they hear of the Temple of Fiends to the northwest, where Garland is believed to have gone. Before seeking battle with Garland the party fought monsters in the outer world, gaining experience and gold. Working together the Light Warriors would have no difficulty defeating Garland.

Upon entering Garland's throne room, they note the Princess behind Garland, not to mention his pet bats. Stepping forward, Garland greeted the Light Warriors with threats and insults. His confidence is great, but the Warriors' might is greater still. At this point they could not prevent battle nor escape. They must fight to the finish. The Black Mage and Red Mage used their fire magic, while the Fighter- equipped with a rapier-- made strong brute force attacks. The Black Belt's physical strength was on par with Garland's. Garland was susceptible to Sleep and Fire magic, and with the powerful attacks of the Fighters, they had no difficulty defeating Garland. Garland fell to the Light Warriors, and the Princess was saved.

Princess Sara recognized the Light Warriors and magically whisked them back to Castle Coneria. Sara demonstrates her gratitude by bestowing a very precious gift upon the Light Warriors-- the Golden Lute, which is the mark of her kingdom. So great is the gratitude of the King that he had a bridge built spanning the northern channel to the mainland. Now their journey can truly begin.