chapter 20

Nami's legs buckled and swayed as she leaned against her captain, still weak and healing, but he still held her up like she was nothing. They stumbled across the deck of the Sunny, Luffy basically dragged her up the steps to her and Robin's room. He shouldered the door open, allowing Nami enough time to drunkenly kick off her shoes, nearly rolling her ankle in the process.

He pulled her arm and grabbed her waist as he laid her on her bed, knee digging into the surface of it. Luffy hovered over her, his hand on her hip, bracing himself above her with a steadying arm by her head.

"How are you feeling Nami?" He practically hummed, Nami's body responded before she could, a shiver ghosting her spine, just as his breath did her ear. Luffy looked at his dark eyes that shined with amusement, after all she was a drunken mess below him.

"Like I just made enough money for fifteen new outfits," Nami mused smugly, refusing to give into the glimmer in his eyes that always gave away his intention for trouble. His knee spread her legs, and yet he still looked at her as if he was doing nothing, completely innocent. The intruding appendage pressed tightly against her most tender area, an incessant ache spread through her.

She knew for a fact that Luffy had never done anything like this, and by the savage look in his eye, she assumed that he was completely moving on instinct, doing what he felt like at the time. His words caressed the the shell of her ear, goading and prodding at her senses with ever syllable.

"You're drunk Nami," He chuckled, obviously avoiding the elephant in the room. He was on top of her, pressing against parts of her that most men ached to touch and that's what he wanted to say? She'd be lying if she said her pride wasn't hurt, even just a little bit. The scent of the small amount of liquor that he'd drunk laced his breath, enticing her, just as his smirking mouth did.

Drunk Nami wasn't one to deny herself of anything as she leaned upwards, pressing her mouth to his, he was receptive, waiting for it. His lips fell into her rhythm, her hands gripped his red cardigan, pulling him closer than they already were. Her hand travelled up his chest, gently fluttering over the bandaged expanse of it before delving into his black locks at the base of his skull. Luffy grunted at the contact, the touch, she regained a bit of confidence in herself at that.

She opened her mouth, his tongue rolled in, caressing her mouth in long, languid strokes. She became ravenous below him, palming at him wherever she could gain access to skin, which was a limited selection at the moment. Nami felt Luffy pulling away, his hand holding her cheek as he cut their kiss short. Nami's eyes were glazed with want, she leaned forward, trying to reconnect with him.

Luffy sat up fully, leaving a needy Nami reaching up for him, gripping at his cardigan in an attempt to pull him back down onto her. "Luffy, more." Nami begged breathily, this, in normal circumstances, would have her flustered and avoiding his gaze, like a child who had stolen some candy. But now she was hot and wild for him, the alcohol freeing her from shame.

"If we go any further, I won't stop." He said, voice gruff with restraint. She could practically see each strand of his control tearing by the second, like the button on her pants after a hefty meal, he could burst at any time. She struggled to find a reason to not want that, his hands on her, holding her closer than anything, anyone. His lips on her, worshipping every inch of her skin with their softness.

"I don't care," Nami whined, still trying to pull him closer. Luffy knew she wasn't aware of the consequences of those words, she would never forgive him if he did this while she was in this state. Luffy smiled, a slight stiffness to his shoulders would inform anyone of his growing discomfort, Nami was a little slow on the uptake. He leaned down again, to Nami's delight, only to deliver a chaste kiss to her forehead.