Chapter 13 - Kiss Me Once

I need it right now
Baby you can come over tonight, we'll shut the night down
I could even put you on a flight I got that nice sound
Fuckin' with me Imma roll the dice, I know the price now. "

'Kiss Me Once' - Brennan Savage

************************************

**2 months Later**

Emily now had a small, but pronounced bump which she usually managed to hide pretty well. She was about 4 months along with her pregnancy and she was doing well. Shannon was due to fly in later that evening to spend the week with her and come along to her 4 months scan, before going off on tour for a month with the Thirty Seconds to Mars, Monolith Tour.

Although Shannon promised to try to phone or Skype with her every day, she was going to miss him a lot. Their relationship had been going pretty steadily and they had been growing ever closer. Shannon had been nothing but the perfect gentleman to her. Jared, however, well that was another story, and so far, she had managed to stay of his way and things had been pretty successful.

She hadn't told Shannon about his brother making a pass at her, nor the awkward moment shared between the two of them at Jared's house a couple of months back at the party, and she was happy for things to stay that way.

Jared had been busy filming his new film 'The Outsider' and had mainly been away on location in Georgia filming. It had been a relief for her to know that he was far, far away from her and would then be off around the country for a month.

Emily loaded the dishwasher for the final time that evening as Kali wiped down the tables.

"So what time is he getting in?" Kali called across the room to her from wiping up a particularly bad mess caused by some parents and their rather wayward child.

"Ermm..." Emily glanced up at the clock they had in the café. "About 2 hoursish from now if his flight isn't delayed. I should probably go. I need to get changed before I go and meet him at the airport."

"Oh yeah." Kali wiggled her eyebrows at Emily.

"Seriously Kali. Get a hobby." Emily laughed at her friend.

"I still can't get my head around you dating Shannon Leto."

"Kali, we've been dating for like 5 months now and you've met him on more than one occasion."

"We should get together for dinner one day this week. You, me, John and Shannon. How long is he here for?"

"A week. He's mainly coming here because it's my 4 months scan this week and then he's off on tour for a month with the band."

"Are you really that far gone now?"

"Mmmhmm." She ran a hand over her slightly swollen stomach and smiled.

"I'm sorry you've never been able to get in touch with James to tell him Emily."

"Yeah well...I guess it is what it is. I tried. You tried. It's all I can do." She shrugged and untied her apron.

"Well, let me know if you're free this week and we'll all go for dinner one evening."

"I will do. I'll see you for my shift on Wednesday hey?"

"Sure. Ok. Well...go see your man." Kali grinned at her.

Emily smiled at her before disappearing out the back to go and collect her coat and bag before returning out to the front of the shop. "I'll catch you later Kali."

"See you hun."

Emily walked out into the evening air. It was now June and it was starting to become warmer in the evenings and also the day. She made her way back along the sidewalk, to her apartment, but not before popping into her favourite bakery to get dessert for tonight. She entered the building and caught the lobby lift up to her top floor penthouse. She wanted to tidy things up a bit before Shannon arrived as she had had a busy week and things had been left to build up.