Chapter 7 - This Love

You've become a piece of me
Makes me sick to even think
Of mornings waking up alone
Searching for you in my sheets
Don't fade, away. "

'This Love' - The Veronicas

************************************

It had been about a week since she and Shannon had their Skype chat with Dr Newman and he had told Emily that she was indeed pregnant and was about six weeks gone, which meant that the baby wasn't likely to be Shannon's and was more likely James's.

If Shannon was hurt or disappointed, he hadn't shown it, but she knew that inside he must be hurting. They hadn't seen one another for a while, and Shannon was due to go off on a US tour for a couple of weeks, starting again in New York and working their way across the country, finishing up back in LA.

Emily knew she needed to properly sit down and discuss things with him and planned to surprise him with Emma's help, by being at his house when he finally got back from tour. She wanted to know how he truly felt about things. It was only fair that she got to hear him voice his thoughts and opinions.

She hadn't been in contact with James since the last time they had talked, when he had been upset about the fact that she was seeing Shannon. Whether or not she saw them as a couple then, James clearly did. She had no idea how she would tell him, but knew that he deserved to know that he was about to become a father, he had that much of a right and it was then his choice if he wanted to be in the child's life or not, but Shannon had once again told her that he would support her no matter what.

Finishing up her shift for the evening, she turned around the sign on the door to read 'CLOSED' before crossing back over to the dishwasher and loading it so that it would be left to run overnight, ready for the following morning. She hadn't locked the door but assumed that the sign reading 'CLOSED' would be more than obvious to the average person. But not; it seemed, to the person who had just entered The Bay.

Emily paused in putting some saucers in the top rack of the dishwasher when she heard the bell to the shop tinkle, signifying that someone had entered the shop. "Erm...we're actually closed, but I-" Her heart sank and she got deja vu to those months back when she finally turned around and found Jason standing there. Her mind flitted back to when he had previously pulled the same stunt.

Swallowing slowly their eyes locked, before she finally got out. "Jason?"

"Emily." He made his way over to her.

She was glad to have the countertop between the two of them right now and it gave her a bit of confidence. "Why are you here?" She demanded.

"I was just in the neighbourhood and thought I'd pop in and see my favourite barista." He smirked.

Emily narrowed her eyes at him. "Really. Why are you really here? We're closed. Can you not read-"

"You better watch that pretty mouth of yours." Jason cut in.

Emily tightened her grip on the surface of the counter. "Just pointing out what I thought was pretty obvious to the majority of people, but I guess you're not in that majority."

"You'd know that more than the 'majority of people'."

"Jason. Cut the crap and spit it out." Emily was getting tired of his mind games. All she wanted right now was to get home and have a bath, put her feet up; as they were killing her right now, and also see if Shannon was free to Facetime. It had only been a week, but as far as she was concerned it was a week too long. Kali had been a great support, but there were some things she just couldn't fill in for that Emily missed from Shannon.