Chapter 29 - The Show Must Go On

" Show must go on
Show must go on
I'll face it with a grin
I'm never giving in
On with the show

I'll top the bill
I'll overkill
I have to find the will to carry on with the show
On with the show. "

'The Show Must Go On' - Queen
*****************************

The time on tour had been going well so far. Emily and Emma had picked up their friendship again. They hadn't seen one another for a while as everyone had been so busy with their lives, and Emma certainly hadn't seen Emily since she had started progressing with her pregnancy..

Every other day, Emily would come and watch the guys from the side of the stage, and the others, she would rest up on the bus.

The first time she had ever seen the guys performing, she was absolutely mind-blown. She'd never seen that many people together in one room, nor experienced that much love and emotion in one place. But it had made her incredibly proud of Shannon and even somewhat admirable of Jared.

Tonight was one of the nights where she was sat on one of the flight cases to the side of the drumriser watching Shannon beating the shit out of his drumkit.

They were in Cleveland, Ohio, playing 'The House of Blues' and would be there for two nights before going on to play in Cincinatti.

Emma came by and asked Emily if she could get her anything and she'd said that she wouldn't mind some fruit if there was any; luckily, her pregnancy cravings hadn't been too strange, even if Shannon cringed at her for drinking full-fat milk straight from the carton.

Returning with a box of cherries that Emma explained she had stolen from Jared's bowl of fruit, he insisted being kept in the Dressing Room, Emily took them from her and happily tucked in.

The guys had just started up playing 'Night of the Hunter', and every now and then, Shannon would turn his gaze to her and pull a funny face or wink at her. She loved how he would make her feel special in his own ridiculous ways.

After the next time of him sticking his tongue out at her, she decided to get a little mischievous, so when he turned and looked her way again, she made to eat one of the cherries from the box in the most seductive way she could.

She watched Shannon's eyes as they bugged out of his head at the sight, and bit down on his lower lip, trying to keep his focus on playing at the same time.

He turned away and looked to the front, watching his brother preaching his sermon to his loyal subjects, but it wasn't long before she found his gaze wondering back to her, where she proceeded to run her tongue around the edge of the cherry, slowly swiping it along her bottom lip, before finally giving him a seductive wink as she bit into the juicy flesh.

This became too much for Shannon, and he accidently lost concentration, loosing rhythm; which gave him a glare from Jared, and caused one of his drumsticks to go flying in Emily's direction, luckily landing about a meter from her onto the floor.

Emily sniggered behind her hand, watching Shannon reach around into his stick holder hanging from his stool, only to find that some roadie had lapsed in attention to detail and hadn't fixed it there as per usual.

He was now frantically trying to keep playing with only one stick and it was at this point that Emily realised he was struggling and that Jared was becoming incessantly more annoyed with his older brother. She realised she was going to have to do something as all the roadies and techs had seemingly gone on strike at the most critical point in the show.

Carefully, sliding herself off the flightcase; one arm supporting her bump as she did so, she quickly as she could, rushed over to the stick lying on the groud; struggling a little as she did so.