Chapter 37 - Strangers

Said that we're not lovers, we're just strangers
With the same damn hunger
To be touched, to be loved, to feel anything at all
We're not lovers, we're just strangers
With the same damn hunger
To be touched, to be loved, to feel anything at all. "

'Strangers' - Halsey
************************************

**One Week Later**

The tour was coming to an end, and Emily couldn't be more relieved.

She and Shannon were now barely talking after what had happened back in Cleveland, and she had been trying her best to avoid Jared, only talking to him when necessary.

Most of the time she hung out with Emma and Tomo, or tried to get some rest. It was obvious to Emma that something major had happened between Emily and Shannon, although she hadn't dared to venture there in asking Emily what exactly.

Emma decided to ask Emily if she'd like to go and have lunch with her somewhere, and to also try to get to the bottom of whatever it was that making everyone so miserable.

Walking down the bus to the sitting area, Emma found Emily curled up with her headphones on, reading a pregnancy book that she had brought along with her. She came and plopped herself down next to Emily on the couch and shook her leg gently to get her attention.

Glancing up, Emily realised it was Emma sitting there and found her phone to pause her music and set her book down.

"Hey Emma. Can I help you with anything?" Emily smiled at the taller, darker, blonde.

"No. Just wondered if you had any plans for lunch as today's another day off. If you have stuff with Shannon planned already, then it's OK."

"Um..." Emily looked across at Shannon who was sat at a table on his laptop. He saw her looking at him and quipped an eyebrow, smiling a small smile at her.

She ducked her head away from him and turned back to Emma. "No. He's not mentioned anything to me about lunch."

"You want to get some with me, then? I know some great places to eat in Eugene."

"Sure, sounds good. I'd love to."

"Great. It's sorted then. I'll leave you to it. Is that book interesting?"

"Yeah. It's pretty interesting. I just wanted to get some insight into what to expect for my 3rd trimester that's all. Without freaking myself out too much in the process." She smiled and laughed, pulling up the shoulder to her off-the-shoulder, grey jumper she was wearing.

"Have you guys started thinking about names yet?"

"Who?"

"You and Shan. Have you thought about names for the little one yet?"

"I've had some fleeting ideas. Theo and Alex. I don't know about Shannon."

"Well. I think we'll be arriving in about an hours time, so I'll come and get you then."

"Ok."

Emma got up and started wandering back down the bus, pausing to say something to Shannon, who nodded, and then she disappeared.

Emily again caught Shannon's eye, blushing and picking her book up again to resume reading.

She was reading about changes to expect with her body as it started to prepare itself for the delivery of the baby, when a shaddow suddenly fell across the page she was reading and she looked up to find Shannon standing there.

"Yes. Can I help you?" Emily questioned him.

Shannon rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I just wanted to check up on you, that's all. We haven't spoken for a few days."