Arc 1: Chapter 20

Moving towards their destination, everyone remained vigilant. Eyes focused and each scanning for danger to come.

Martin moved forward followed by Bastian, their movements light and skilled. No noise were made. This time, each and everyone moved lightly,  trying to avoid making unnecessary  noises that will attract more undead.

Suddenly, a movement were heard from the left, a little behind from the group, it was so fast it almost blurred one's  vision, However, Grid along with Bunny moved fast as a wind as they counter with full force. The knife at Grids hands rang, his limbs trembled but his foot remained steady as he deflected another sharp attack. Bunny, using a meter long metal pole swang it towards the figure, earning herself a loud growl.

However, another attack followed. This time it is from the front.

The movement of the attacker is fast. But Martin and the rest reacted just as fast. Martin grabbed a dagger from his leg, slash it upwards, using his turning motion as momentum. However, he was blocked. He then moved his other hand pressing against the asphalt, using his leg to kick the enemy with his leg.  He then turned and delivered another side kick, the force of the leg meeting another flesh caused a loud whacking sound. The ball of flesh flew against the empty restaurant, causing the window to break and created an even louder ruckus.

All of them were attacked at each sides, and all of them fended off the assailants with ease. None of them realized that as the undead evolves, they too, evolves with it.

Rod, the man assigned to stand by the center of the formation to protect the logistics and doctors were stunned at first but reacted quickly, he pulled a gun with silencer before firing at the incoming undead.

The doctors and logisticians at the middle were stunned. Everything happened so fast that they were unable to react. 

However, it's  a little too early to feel relieved. Beacuse they realized that the things attacking them were not only the undead but also walkers. Watching three large decaying monsters appear infront of them made their legs tremble. They now felt the fear that one should always fear during the apocalypse. The fear and helplessness of being unable to do anything but rely on others to save their lives. They always encounter such danger, but this time, they felt it even more closer than the past.

Walkers is the pinnacle of the undead evolution with the exception of the king  They think and command undead via their mental frequency. Thus, everyone knew what's  about to come. Thus, the moment one of the walker screeched,

Martin signaled at the rest to enter the building at their 3 o'clock, his eyes cold and ruthless  as he watched the night walkers standing up while growling at them. The three seemed to have been lying in wait. But looking at them, they looked like they were also being ordered by something. Perhaps, another walker of a much higher mental frequency.
Although  it was true that it was dangerous  to bring the doctors  and logisticians, Martin also considered the fact that only them can extract the essence of the meteorite. During his last life, a normal human, is the only one who can get close to it. Perhaps, it was because the energy it exudes is a type of energy that can charge one's body. It mostly affect those with over the top physical ability. And since a normal human does not have a body capable of absorbing its Energy, it seems it only causes them to weaken their body for a week, then, will recover after that. But, even a normal human can't hold it for most of the time, thus, he needed them to swap and switch duties of taking care of it. Because, at the end of the day, none of them, supers can.

During his pas life, it was Bunny who tried to gather the reasearch material, and since her physic is that of a superhuman, she instantly died the moment she touched  it. But now, he knows what to do. He had made the decision to bring them in this dangerous place, thus, he has to see through it.
Although his rebirth brought forth pain and suffering, it also made him realize that he now knew many things. Things that would either help him change what was already set or create a Ripple that will bring forth more damage than the past lives he had regressed from.