Arc 1: Chapter 31

The mission has started and everyone made their way on their position. Martin standing at the cliff over seeing the happenings below look at the densed canopies covering the forest. His sapphire blues held a tint of worry, but his face remained blank. His hands held a sniper rifle, dagger sheathed at the holster at his thigh, and his guns at the holster at his waist. He stood straight against the howling wind, wearing his combat camouflage uniform and black army boots. His deep gaze penetrating as he looked out for each team member. One of the changes when you evolved is the ability to see from miles away, you can see objects and things which were normally couldn't be seen by the naked eye. Just like a telescope that can be zoomed in and out, thus it wasn't that hard to Pinpoint his people. He watched as Rod and Bunny stood at the west point, Grid stood at the east point, while he stood at the south, facing the north. They were all standing at a high place, each looking at the north where Bastian and the two is heading. Bastian led the two, clearing the path with every swing of his katana. The two followed behind, amazed and in a daze, each holding the carrier for the example to be put it. Seeing Bastian cleared the way with ease, the two felt secured and safe. They also have their hand guns with them, holding it with their free hand as they made way to the target area.

As the three walked, Martin watched expressionlessly. His hands clenching as he realized that Bastian had already arrived at five meter distance away from the meteor. He watched as Bastian's steps halted, signaled with his hands.

Grid stood straighter as he saw the hand sign, his eyes coldly glancing at the rustling sound he could hear from miles away.

Rod looked at his hand gun, sighing as he counted the bullets left. He'd probably go by hand to hand again. Such loud sounds, it's to be expected that such limited bullets will be enough. He glanced at Bunny, lips twitching as he watched her used her binoculars to see far ahead. A question mark almost popped out of his head. He couldn't helped but ask, "Why are you even using that? You can see just fine without it?"

Bunny hearing his question gave her a look. "Why the hell not? I feel like it." She answered scornfully. She put down her binoculars, tsked at Rod as if he's the most idiotic person she had ever met, making Rods eyes twitch with irritation.

'Damn! What's wrong with asking? Who the hell needs to use binoculars when their eyes can see miles away without it? He isn't the stupid one here, Okay?!'

"Get ready, it seems that what that nightwalker has gathered is not all of their numbers. A few of them is a mutant, Becareful." Bunny muttered as she gazed at the area where they were supposed to be guarding... they have to not let any undead in, not let the three be surrounded and let them retreat with ease. That's the order.

Martin remained standing at the cliff, his lips pursed as he watched different mutants and undead starts to move and gather their way. It seems that the symbiotic relationship of the nullah and the undead is much more complicated than he thought. It wasn't the nightwalker's calling that gathered them, it was the meteor itself. Ordering these brainddead things to protect itself. It has no brain, so probably instinct? It knows somethings coming for it, and it couldn't fight back. The undead is not the problem but the meteor itself. Martin's gaze narrowed, the deep blue pupils seemed to reflect the world he sees. As the undead, mutants and infected animals moved at a fast pace, Martin also made his move. He jumped down the cliff, his hair and clothes fluttering with the wind. His body seemingly light as he fall from such a height. If a normal person jumped at 35 meters height, will he be able to survive? But with the evolved humans physique, a jumped of such height is nothing.

Martin closed his eyes,allowing himself to fall freely. He felt the wind, hear the steady thrumming of his heart, and felt the bloods rushing through his veins because of the rush of excitement filling his whole being. The feeling of weightlessness made him at ease, like a free bird flying, but still, it also means that he had to land and look for a place to perched on.  Free but still not free.