Arc 1: Chapter 24

"So, you're saying that this man, has been acting suspicious and is up to something? These files you gave to me does not even show the slightest bit of resemblance to that man except for the face. And you're saying that he's probably on our trail!? And it is still PROBABLY?" - a grave male voice echoed inside an office, making two people flinch. They were task to report about the man named Eusto. Although the report seemed legit, lokking at the man himself, everyone might think differently. What can they say? It's all the data they have gathered. It's not like they can magically explain what has be going on.

"General Amadeus, Sir, the background check is true. We've even scoured his past homes, and even his family's property. Perhaps, it's true that he has an ability that can prophesied in the future. We just have to -Ugh!" - The man bent down, palm reaching for his head that had been hit by the flying ashtray. He can feel the warm blood flowing down his face but he all he can do is remain silent.

The man, General Amadeus is fuming. Six days prior, one of the underground research facility owned by the General has been raided. Many Researcher were imprisoned due to the use of humans as research guinea pigs. The machines used were confiscated and the top head Researcher has died due to unknown reason before he can even be transported at the base's detention area.

The General, despite being unimplicated due to the fact that the laboratory was not registered , is not happy from the said failure. One of his three facilities, is destroyed, and seems like another one will follow soon. The activities were halted and the various materials and cores gathered were being stored at at safe place. But seeing as that man, named Eusto, hovering near the the place like he was looking for something, it wouldn't be that long till it is discovered.

"Tell me, what are you idiots, are doing? Five of the evolve humans died during the reconnaissance, two soldiers were infected and thus killed after, and all of the cores that remained to be delivered- were confiscated by the other camp. You think I'd be happy hearing and reading such a ridiculous report? I know that fucker has something to do with all this, and you let him do what he wants in our territory, where some of the pillars of the organization resides! Now the losses can't even be repaid even if I kill all of you imbeciles, twice! A scrawny young man, with no combat experience and has been living like a flower sheltered in a green house has been the one responsible for all the problems we are encountering now? He doesn't even have the background to do so!" - The General bellowed, chest heaving. His dark eyes were narrowed, but his almost gray hair seemed to make him older from his original age.

The two personnel, one bleeding, while the other standing trembling, made no sound of affirmation but didn't refute his words as well. All they can do is tremble and bear the brunt of hate and anger from the man.

"Then, there's Three location of the fragments of the meteor that has been found. But no one can recover even a small amount of sample. And that man is apparently moving towards one of the three, and despite seeing that, no one can even stop them? What are the high cost of payment am I spending for researches, when not even evolve humans can stop him? Huh?" He continued. why the hell is his men so useless when it matters the most?

"G-General, Sir, there's also another file of another team going towards another location of the three fragments, it - it seems that they were ready to retreive a sample." The standing man whispered almost like a squeak at the end of his words.

The general's head snapped up, looking at the man with almost exploding anger from his heaving chest and trembling hands. He took a deep breath, calming his nerves as he walked towards the open window of the office. He then stuffed his hands on his pocket, trying to even his heavy breathing. Everything seems to be falling apart. And it was all because of that man Eusto. He took a deep breath again, cursed, then walk back towards his seat. And with a serious yet calm voice, he said, "Ready your men, divide the team into two, let them gather the research material first, then ambush them. Retrieve it no matter what the cost. I dont fucking care if you all die, even only one can survive, as long as the material has reached my hand, your lives wont be a waste. I will make sure to compensate you and your families. So, fucking make sure, that you do not fail!"