Chapter Thirty Nine

Daisy's POV

I open my eyes, and quickly squeeze them shut against the light. My head is pounding and it hurts to move. Slowly sitting up and resting against the headboard, I look over and Dustin is not in bed. I wonder what time it is and if he has already left? As I go to reach for my phone, he quietly walks into the room.

"How are you feeling this morning?"

"Like I got run over by a mack truck. My head feels like it is going to explode and I am feeling nauseous."

"I went to get you some painkillers and a little something to eat."

"Thank you, what time is it?"

He brings over the pills, some water and the toast he had gotten for me. I quickly took them and nibbled at the toast. Thankfully I was able to eat it and it didn't seem to upset my stomach further. He had climbed into bed and lay down next to me.

"Amber will be over when we leave and then you two can come over with Colin in a couple hours when you are up to it before everyone starts coming in for the concert."

"That sounds good to me. I think a few more hours of rest will help."
"I could use a little more cuddle time before I go."

"A little cuddle time could make me feel better." I smile back at him. He quickly pulls off his t-shirt and jeans and crawls back under the covers with me. I crawl onto his chest and he wraps his arm around me as one hand strokes my hair and the other rubs my arm. I love these times since we haven't been able to lay together like this since we have been back on tour. Don't get me wrong. I love being out here and getting to see him in his element and being able to support him in it, but I love when we are home and in our own little bubble. It wasn't long before I was back asleep. It felt like only a few seconds when Dustin was softly shaking me awake.

"Doll, It's time to get up. I need to get moving and head out with the guys."

"Mmm, just a little longer?"

"I wish I could stay here with you, but I better go or I will never hear the end of it from Jason."

"Alright, don't want to get you in trouble."

We both climb out of bed and he heads into the shower to get ready. The little extra sleep and the painkillers seemed to have helped a little as I am starting to feel human again. I head out to the sitting area and Colin is sitting in the chair working on his laptop. He looks up at me and smiles. I hear a knock and he gets up to answer the door.

"Hey Colin, how is our girl doing?"

He smiles as he opens the door fully and lets Amber in.

"Better than I did earlier. I felt like my head was going to explode and it hurt to move.

"I'm glad. At least you had a good time last night."

"Of what I can remember. I had fun."

"You deserved it."

We sit down on the couch as Colin shuts the door and Dustin walks out dressed and ready to go.

"Alright doll, I need to get moving. I will see you in a couple hours."

He leans down and places a soft kiss on my lips.

"Okay, see you in a few hours. Hopefully I will be back to normal."
"Just drink lots of water and make sure you eat something." He starts to walk out the door.

"Elijah said they would all meet you downstairs at the bus."

"Got ya. Love you, doll."
"Love you too, my rocker."