Chapter 1: Missing

"Hello everybody my name is Markiplier and if you were wondering, yes . . . yes, I really am this gorgeous in person" he winked at the camera vainly. 

He chuckled to himself, shaking his head before continuing on with the video, "Anyway, so I'm sure you all are very excited for the new big premiere coming soon and so am I. I've worked really hard and I just really can't wait for you all so see what I've gone through to make this happen. It's gonna be awesome, I promise"  he couldn't stop smiling, "And thank you to all my members, too, for the support. It wouldn't have been possible without your help."

In the corner of his eye, Mark noticed something outside his window but played it off as nothing for now for the camera.

"So I thought it'd be neat to watch some of the older vids before the new one comes out in a few days. Like a little time together to just refresh on everything that's happened and going on, you know? So how about we watch 'Who Killed Markiplier' first and then 'A Date with Markiplier'. I know the date one came out before whoever killed me but this is my video and this is how I'm doing things, gosh darn it! . . . . . and then we'll go to 'Damien' and the Heist vid and then the newest Space one. And then we'll be all caught up for tomorrow's big show, okay? Okay. Let's do it!"

He stopped his camera, knowing something was wrong. He's felt this energy before.

Looking out the window again, he tried to peer out but it was too dark out by now. He could see the tree was slightly luminated by the street lamp but nothing else was in view.

'Maybe it was just my imagination'

"It wasn't your imagination"

Mark jumped in his chair and twisted around but grabbed his heart with an uneasy breathe, "Jesus fucking Christ, Dark!! You can't just come in here like that! We have a doorbell! Or knock!"

"I did" Dark crossed his arms, "Amy let me in"

"Oh" Mark looked back outside his window, "But I could have sworn . . ."

Dark looked outside with him, "What? Did you see anything? Because it's precisely why I wanted to come to you tonight so if you think you saw anything outside, then now's the time to speak up"

"Wait, what?" Mark got out of his chair, rubbing the back of his head, "I . . . well maybe, I don't know. Why you being so odd, Dark? Or actually . .. more odd than usual" he cracked a smile before frowning again immediately, "What happened?"

Dark still stared outside, licking his lips a little before walking up and closing his blinds, "An Iplier has gone missing"

"WHAT? Dark, I trusted you to be in charge of them and you LOST one!? Was it Wilford, though, because that's the only one that I could understand-"

"It's her . . . . . . she's gone"

Mark stilled and stared at Dark as if he couldn't believe it, "What?  . . . . . B-but . . . . what?"

Dark nodded, letting him know he was correct in assuming what he meant on who.

Mark shuddered, fear crawling down his spine, "No . . . . . . . no, that can't be right. She's got more power in her than all of you guys combined. I created her to be practically invincible. The perfect ego against HIM. I-" he shook his head, staring at Dark, "How could you have let this happen?"

"Me?!" Dark snarled at him, "Are you serious?! Always treating her like a weapon, no WONDER she hated you! But this is different. We can't be fighting like children, Mark. We need to work together to find her and NOW"

Mark ran his hand through his hair, "Easier said than done . . . . what do you know? Was there a struggle? Kidnapping? Or did she run off on her own?"

Dark seemed defeated and avoided eye contact, "I  . . I honestly have no clue. There's no sign of her whatsoever. That's the weird thing. It's like she just vanished completely off the face of the earth. I think there was a struggle but I can't be sure. Her room was always messy"