Chapter 4

Marella's pov

I was making breakfast for everyone with Joan. Joan and i always loved baking and cooking together. We used to bake cookies all the time. But now we were making toast and eggs for everyone.

"So how is the bet going with Goode?" she asked and i smirked. "I already have 3 points" i said and she laughed. "In just one day?" "In just one day" i chuckled and she gave me a high-five. "And the fake dating part, is it bad?" she asked and i froze thinking about the things we said last night. "No, no it's not that bad actually. Kissing someone without any strings attached is very fun" i said and she laughed at me.

We rang the bell to tell the campers that breakfast was ready. We saw alot of campers already coming this way. We prepared some plates already and gave them to the first couple of campers. And then a very handsome brunette walked in. He was wearing a baby blue button up and the first two buttons were open. He had a pair of jeans on and white converse. But the beautiful purple accesory on his neck he had on his neck, spoke to me the most.

"Goodmorning Goode" i said to him and he smiled at me. "Goodmorning Ella" he said. "Where did you get that purple thing on your neck? I would love one too" i smirked and he looked confused. Then the realisation hit him. "You bitch" he said and i started laughing. "Don't worry, no one will notice" i said and just then Joan walked over.

"Hey Nick. Where'd you get that hickey?" she asked and i bursted out laughing at Nick's annoyed face. Joan caught on quickly and started laughing as well. "Well you guys definitely take your bet seriously, good one Ella" she said and walked towards her table. I walked towards Ziggy as well as Nick walked towards the table where the rest of the counsellor's were sitting.

"Did you get in trouble for the rabbits?" i asked Ziggy and she nodded. "Yeah i got a strike, four more and i'm out. Already counting the days" she said and i chuckled. "Cindy is gonna kill you" "I know, but i couldn't care less. She needs to wake up from this stupid fairytale dream of hers" i sighed at her comment. "She's trying too, Ziggy" i said and she scoffed. "Yeah, trying too erase all the problems from our life. She needs to realise that we live in Shadyside, it's not gonna get better"

That comment was stuck in my brain the entire time i was eating breakfast. Is it ever gonna get better? I wish i could just move away. Somewhere very far away. I wouldn't have to see Shadyside or Sunnyvale ever again. I would live in a small town, in a house far away from the cities. A big house. And i would be married, have a dog and i would go on adventures everyday. Just taking random busses until i end up in Canada. God i would give everything for that.

"You ready for today?" Nick asked me and i snapped from my thoughts. "Uh yeah i guess, what are we supposed to do?" i asked and he chuckled. "You never pay attention do you?" "No" "We're gonna play soccer, Sunnyvale versus Shadyside. And we're the team captains" he said and i smirked. "You're going down, Goode" i said and he laughed. "You wish" he said and we walked towards the field.

"Alright Shadysiders, we're gonna win this! We cannot lose, we have to beat Goode and his team!" i said and the Shadysiders cheered. "Who wants to be the keeper?" "Please let me be the keeper, i'm not good at running" a boy raised his hand. He had blonde hair and looked like he was 14 years old. "Alright, you can be the keeper. Let's go guys!" i yelled.

"Let's murder those Shadysiders!" i heard Nick yell from the other side of the field. I chuckled and stood on the side. Someone whistled and the game started. A Sunnyvaler ran straight for the ball and immediately fell. I chuckled and Nick looked annoyed. I had to fight the urge to not burst out in laughter at his annoyed face. A Shadysider got the ball and scored.We had one point already and we weren't even playing for an entire minute.

After 25 minutes Shadyside had three points and Sunnyvale as well. We said that we would only play for 30 minutes so this is gonna get exciting. "I swear to god if it's gonna be a tie i will have a tantrum" Nick said beside me and i chuckled. "I would love to see that" Nick scoffed at my comment and i laughed. Just as i was about to say something, a Shadysider fell straight on their face and i ran towards them.