Chapter 21

Marella's pov

Summer is almost over. And in a couple days i'll have to go to Sunnyvale high. Nick said it might be a good idea to get some new stuff for the new school year and i agreed. I desperately need new clothes. So here we are at the mall, probably surrounded by my new classmates. It was absolutely huge and everything was so clean. Everyone was laughing and talking and it hit me again that i'm not in Shadyside anymore. The old stores that were closing one by one replaced with a mall that has every store that exists in America.

"I might understand why your mom is building a mall now" i smiled at Nick and he rolled his eyes. "Still not happy about it" he mumbled and i chuckled. "We can't do anything about it anymore, so let's just forget it alright? It's not like we could shop there anyway" i said and he sighed. "Yeah you're right. So where do you wanna go first?" "I have no idea to be honest, just tell me where i can get cheap clothes" "Ha, no" he said and grabbed my hand dragging me to
the first store he saw. I looked around in embarrasment checking if anyone saw Nick dragging me like a fucking dog.

"Nick please slow down" i said and he just laughed and walked even faster. I let go of his hand and he immediately stopped. "God you're such a baby" i laughed at him and he smiled. "Babies are cute so i'll take that as a compliment" he smirked as he put his arm around me. I saw a bunch of people glaring and laughing at me. Atleast it felt like they did. I lightly pushed his arm away and he frowned. "Hey what's wrong?" he asked and i faked a smile. "Nothing" i said but Nick just raised an eyebrow at me. He wanted to say something until he saw the group of people that were staring at us. He faked a smile and waved at them and they quickly looked away. "Don't pay attention to them, they're stupid" he said putting his arm around me again while walking into the store.

"Do you know them?" i asked while looking around. "Yeah, one of them is Sophia. My ex-girlfriend. She's an absolute bitch. I dated her when we were 14 or something and after that i dated one other girl and she was a bitch to her as well. So prepare for the worst i guess. But don't worry, they're both really stupid. But i don't think Isabella is gonna bother you that much. She was a bitch to me but atleast she leaves other people alone" he rambled as i grabbed some clothes i liked. "Jeez how many girls have you been in a relationship with?" i smirked at him and he rolled his eyes. "You're the third, why do people always think i'm a huge player?" he asked and i chuckled. "What?" he asked. "Nothing, nothing. I guess i just have to get used to dating the popular guy, and having to deal with his evil exes" i joked and he sighed.

"Just try on the clothes" he pushed me into a fitting room and closed the curtain. I laughed to myself and looked at the prices. It wasn't very cheap but it wasn't the most expensive. I wouldn't be able to afford everything but oh well, it's atleast something. I took of my shirt and put on the turtleneck i found. It was just a basic white one that i could easily pair with an old button up from my dad. I put on the jeans that had a nice flare at the ending. It made me look alot taller which i definitely liked.

I stepped out of the fitting room to show Nick and he smiled and gave me thumbs up. "You look great, try on some of those blouses tho. They're more colourful, i like that on you" he said and i smiled. "Are you into fashion Goode?" i teased and he smiled. "If clothes that look good on you count as fashion then yeah, i'm really into fashion" he winked and i shook my head and changed into some different clothes.

It was all very fun. Nick would tell me what he thought which was mostly comments on the colors or the fit. He actually gave great fashion advice which i didn't expect. It was a nice surprise. I
thought he'd just be bored and wouldn't pay attention to the clothes i wore at all but he didn't.

I walked out of the fitting room in my own clothes again and started putting away the stuff that i decided to not get. "Hey why are you putting away all those clothes? They look amazing on you" Nick asked and i sighed. "Because i can't afford them Nick" i said and he laughed. "What's so funny?" i frowned and he took the clothes of the rack again. He didn't say anything and grabbed the clothes i was holding as well. He walked to the checkout and then i realised what he was doing.