Chapter 25

Nick's pov

It's been a day since the massacre at the mall happened. We haven't heard anything from Ziggy and tonight i have to give a speech with Will at the game. A speech about how sorry we are for Shadyside. I am. I am extremely sorry for them. And i feel stupid for not being able to protect them from this. Seeing Ella so worried for the people she knows that live there. Ziggy, some people from camp, her mom. I can't imagine what it's like for them.

And Will, Will just does this for the attention. For the praises he'll get for being such a great mayor. I hate him. He ruined my life. He ruined what Ella and i had. Yes it's still amazing and it's still love and i couldn't imagine my life without her, but it's so different from what we had at camp. I know people grow up, but this isn't what i imagined. It isn't the love we felt at camp, it's the love we felt after. It went from puppy love to so so serious so quickly. We're the only people we can trust. Who else should we turn to?

I sigh and just keep writing my speech. I just know there's gonna be a fight tonight. The Sunnyvalers haven't changed and they're all still spoiled little kids. I can't believe i was always famous for that. I really don't feel like deeling with this. I just want to end this. But i know that the only way is killing Will, and i can't do it. Atleast, i can't do it myself. I want him dead, but he's still my brother. His face makes me sick to my stomach and the fact that i'm not psycho enough to kill my own brother makes me even sicker.

It's in our blood right? I mean mom killed dad, dad killed the Will i used to know and Will killed so many people just like dad. My mom doesn't talk to us anymore. She's going absolutely crazy and i'm so worried about her but i don't know where she is. She left the town, maybe even the state, who knows she's in Europe right now. I have no idea. But Will doesn't care. He's too busy with him self.

I shake my head trying to focus. But i can't help but feel so mad at everything. I rip the paper and throw it away. I'll just make something up. I grab the phone in my office and call Ella.

Pov Marella

I'm sitting on the couch reading a book when the phone rings. I jump from the sudden sound and sigh realising it's just the phone. I walk over and pick up. "Hey babe" "Hey Nick, are you okay?" "No i'm not, i'm completely stressed out and i can't figure out my speech"

I frown at his tired voice. I miss him alot during the day especially when i know he doesn't like his job. I love him so much but the curse has held us back from so many things. Like we can't have children cause what if Will does something to them, we can't get married cause what if Will uses it against us, we can't move away cause what if Will is gonna find a way to curse us. Will ruined everything.

"I'm sorry honey, i will help you when you get home. Don't worry too much about it, you'll do fine, i know it" i say and i hear the other side go quiet. "Hello? Nick are you there?" "Yes, yes i'm here. Just wishing i could be home right now. I miss you so much" I smile knowing he feels the same. "I miss you too, only an hour to go, do you know what you want for dinner?" "Anything, you know i don't care, it's always good" "Thank you Nick but i need ideas" "Some kind of pasta would be nice"

I chuckle knowing he wanted to say that anyways but didn't want to seem like he was forcing me to make it. Which he will never do cause he never complains, never makes me do anything and is just the best boyfriend ever. "Alright, i will make that. I love you" "I love you" i hear him smile from the other side of the phone. I hang up and grab my stuff. As i am about to leave out the door, the phone rings again. I sigh and close the door behind me.

I walk to the phone and pick up. "Hello?" i ask. It's quiet on the other side, i only hear breathing. As i'm starting to feel a little freaked out, a familiar voice comes out of the phone. "Why did you tell me?" she asks and i gasp. "Ziggy?! Oh my god are you okay?" i ask and again, silence. "Answer me" she says and i recognise that attitude from miles away. "What do you mean?"